A more usefull camo unlock.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: A more usefull camo unlock.

in reply to stonculd1

this game and truthfully all the COD fit somewhere between Arcade Shooter and Tactical Shooter, if I am honest more closely to the Arcade side for my liking but that is beside the point.  For the average player the thought and care that it takes to match the camo that the avatar is wearing to the map being played and the style of play (haha for the average player the style of play is "Headless Chicken") is way beyond them and would put them at a drastic disadvantage (COD franchise has shown so far that it is unwilling to offer microtransactions that would give someone paying real life money for in game goods a tactical advantage.  So back to it then while the Gun Bling does allow people to express who they are if they so choose it does not give an advantage or really a disadvantage over any other player. 

Level 6

in reply to darkday

Well if you look back at the jungle map from black ops, the viet cong had a huge disadvantage on that map due to preassigned camo.if you remeber they were all in that tan that clashed with the map enviornmnet.  Same goes for sub base in MW2, iff you weren't the ssal team you stuck out like a sore thumb. Just saying it would be nice to have the choice.  It's something that already exists in the game only it's on weapons instead of the avatars. Btw I would never want to see some of the garish crap camo they put out on a avatar. Some clown running around in diamond bedazzled bdu's would just tear it for me. I would have to give up COD over that.

Level 17

in reply to stonculd1

Made me think of this when reading that post lol

Level 9

in reply to stonculd1

yes there are some cases of a disadvantage due to the astetic nature of some of the uniforms (some what historic) in past COD games and possibly in this one at times.  Yet there is not anything to my knowledge that you can purchase in the game that would give you an advantage over someone who did not make the same purchase.  At this point they have shown that they are unwilling to provide at a price something that would give someone a tactical advantage.  Paying money for high end score streaks per use, or camo, or extra guns, or equipment or the like.

Level 6

in reply to darkday

I wasn't really saying like an ad on, but part of the core game. I do realize no one wants to see Prince trotting around the COD world either, so hopefully it would be real types of camouflage options.  Trust me dude I am getting sick of seeing guns that only Liberace would touch.

Level 17

in reply to stonculd1

I love my Elton John special, nobody likes getting killed by the guy toting the pink M27.

Level 6

in reply to stonculd1

Couldnt you customize your avatar in bo1?

Havent played it in awhile, but that was one of my favorite things in the game.

They should definatly bring that back.

Level 3

in reply to TreezNSteez

Only by picking your first perk.

Level 17

in reply to stonculd1

The "avatar" is what is on the dashboard.

FYI.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

A avatar is a graphical representation of you wether it be in a game or on the dashboard of your Xbox. Geez.

Level 17

Studios