A Rusher's Worst Nightmare

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: A Rusher's Worst Nightmare

in reply to itsNatty

Well, you have to look at the flip side too... your playstyle of rushing the enemy spawn can also cause problems for your team mates.  I've been in countless games of domination where we've got 2 flags and a couple of rushers go all gung ho into the enemy spawn, flip it, and have me getting shot in the back and ruining my killstreak... that's the drawback of playing with randoms unfortunately, everyone seems to only be interested in doing their own thing

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

WKMMS wrote:

Well, you have to look at the flip side too... your playstyle of rushing the enemy spawn can also cause problems for your team mates.  I've been in countless games of domination where we've got 2 flags and a couple of rushers go all gung ho into the enemy spawn, flip it, and have me getting shot in the back and ruining my killstreak... that's the drawback of playing with randoms unfortunately, everyone seems to only be interested in doing their own thing

I can understand where you are coming from, but you must also consider that if it weren't for SMG rush players everybody would be camping in buildings with snipers all game (and rightly so), the issue here is what Treyarch does with the spawns when players enter them. In Black Ops 1 it felt like you had to apply a lot of pressure to mess up spawns but in Black Ops 2 the spawns feel even worse than the notorious MW3 spawns; instead of having predictable revenge spawns we now have spawns where entire teams flip spawns into random places simply because of one person, and the odd revenge spawn to top it off.

I feel Treyarch should make the spawn system much more like it was on Black Ops 1. It did of-course have its issues but overall it was very balanced, gave teams that set up properly the upper hand but flipped occasionally too (and most importantly was rush friendly).

Level 1

in reply to itsNatty

I've nothing against rushing - I'll do it myself often enough, especially if my team are a bunch of lazy layabouts all intent on pitching a tent at the home flag, so don't think I was passing judgement on how you want to play.  I was more trying to point out how playing solo in a team based game is inherently problematic.  Most games, very few have mics, and even fewer communicate effectively.  We're all doing what we want to do and because we're not talking to each other, it's not uncommon that we'll get in each other's way at some point; it's the curse of the lone wolf.... the spawns are horrible though, it really has to be said

Level 29

in reply to itsNatty

YEP same situation here!

Level 3

in reply to itsNatty

I've had this problem in every COD.

You know, if I'm having a bad match, I'm having a bad match. All I can do is slow down and try to regroup my approach. I pay close attention to who on my team is doing best. If they are nearby, I drop back a good 10 to 20 paces and cover their six while also giving them plenty of room to manuever. I wish other players would extend that courtesy. However, most players do not do that, be they on my team or the other team.

So I gave up on fighting it years ago. If an idiot on my team is determined to be the first one into the fight, let him go. The opponent will waste ammo - usually a lot of ammo - on a player that did not require a lot of ammo. When my teammate dies, then I step in and score the kill.

Basically, as soon as teammates start popping up around me, I step back. Literally. Turn tale and go the other direction - even if that means running right back into the thick of a fight you just just evaded.

I'm like you, OP, I don't want to be anywhere near my teammates. Most of them are idiots that can't pay attention long enough to tell you if it is day or night outside. And that is the best solution I have found over the years. Let them run out there and get taken out if that's how they are playing. Unless you find yourself backed into a corner, there's always a way out. Always. A window, drop next to a wall, something. If you are backed into a corner you can't avoid ... it's just one death, don't sweat it.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

That's pretty much how I feel about this, when I'm playing with friends we'll laugh when the randoms on our team save us because it's such a rare event, maybe I should just get a full party together. If you want to play just send me a PM sometime.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to nuttin2say

Sounds very familiar. When playing solo I spend most of my time trying to escape from my 'team' while constantly watching my back because I know they'll flip the spawns within the first 30 seconds. If I kill someone, I turn round and run the other way because one of 2 things will happen;

A) They spawn in my path ahead and headglitch waiting for me.

B) They spawn behind me and run after me.

Doing a 180 seems to be the best way to cover these off.

I try and hold back and pick people rushing our spawn (I mean hold back, not camp) but even that doesn't seem to prevent flipping, it just results in multiple hostiles up my six.

Level 16

in reply to itsNatty

As a player that bases his play around tac inserting, this frustrates like you wouldn't believe. Sometimes well get spawned trap so I'll slip by them and run to their flag to tac insert and kill them from behind so that my teammates can break through. As soon as I'm about to reach thier spawn my team starts spawning on me and capturing their flag so they turn around and start spawning trapping us at our new flag. I'm a believer in static spawns with spawn protection and multiple spawn points like the Rainbow Six Series.

Level 2

in reply to msp13everlastin1

I don't know, msp13. I like the spawn system of the COD franchise. It is predictable, true. But just as the opposing team can predict your spawns, you can predict their spawns.

Find someone willing to linger back in your spawn. If no one else will do it, then you do it. You'll be surprised how many kills you pick by doing so.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to itsNatty

When you clear out a spawn, you always run the risk of flipping them at any time.

Level 11

Studios