70% health = lag comp solution...

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: 70% health = lag comp solution...

in reply to MLGTWISTED

You need Stopping power and Juggernaut back if you want COD4 style hit comp.

Level 4

in reply to En1gmas

cod4 never had lag comp so it was just amazing.

Level 9

in reply to MLGTWISTED

Yes it did.

Level 44

in reply to MLGTWISTED

Yea because you had stopping power and Juggernaut....

they cancelled each other out.  Cod4 was the last great COD.  After that Mediocre and bad.

If you want COD4 hit detection now, you need less health because you gun is weaker...

BO is like playing cod4 with sonic boom, while everyone else is using juggernaut.

Level 4

in reply to En1gmas

using stopping power and juggernaut was a choice the player made in game and the game played just fine without any delay. 

you knew your gun was a bit weaker yes, that didn't magically put the other team half a sec ahead of everything you dead. if you were fast with headshots etc it didn't make that much difference.

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to En1gmas

It seems counter intuitive but it is true that the reason people rage about instakill deaths is because every kill isn't an instakill for everyone.  (ie see HC).  Raising the health probably wouldn't help too much but lowering it would reduce the noticeablity of lag.  But then if Core Players wanted to kill everyone instantly they probably would be playing HC.  One of the attractions for Core, is the fact that you don't die so quickly and that tends to promote more reckless gameplay which in turn creates a more action based experience.  Not that HC doesn't have it's action but there's a reason Core players are often dubbed as headless chickens.  And the headless chickens like being able to be headless which is something that HC just doesn't offer.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

And I can't agree completley with that either...I can have a completley fast paced arcadey setup in HC and still come out on top...

The only reason I play HC is because the hit detection is sooo bad, and the high health and low gun power makes every gun fight feel inconsistant in core.

HC is generally always consistant.

Level 4

in reply to En1gmas

"HC is generally always consistant."

...or just seems that way.

But I'm okay with that.

Level 4

in reply to SP_6711

to me it is....sure you get  that strange....OMG I HIT HIM! moment....but very less often....

Level 4

in reply to En1gmas

how does the OP figure that having less health will = less for the game to process?

I already die instantly, I don't need to die 30% faster than that.

Level 8

Studios