500,000 people i'm sure invested $100.00 in this game and season pass and STILL

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: 500,000 people i'm sure invested $100.00 in this game and season pass and STILL

in reply to whiteknight1902

When they were selling season passes, they didn't make it clear that there would be DLC that was NOT included with the pass.  I think myself, as well as quite a few others apparently, just assumed (I know...) that the pass would include ALL DLC.  Having bought into a similar program for the previous COD release, I wasn't expecting additional, non-included content to be released.

Perhaps the small print was there all along, but they sure didn't broadcast this additon especially when the game was launched (along with the season pass).

Level 13

Re: 500,000 people i'm sure invested $100.00 in this game and season pass and STILL

in reply to slap1i

I understand how the part that says get the 4 map packs at a discounted price means that anything else should be included.

its not even in the small print, its there big and bold. maybe they should have drawn it in big crayons

Level 19

in reply to idontcare7

because money and power corrupts absolute is why! greed is all it boils down 2! they dont need the money its just greed lol

Level 8
Highlighted

in reply to zombyeslayer87

They're not running a charity either.

Level 13

in reply to zombyeslayer87

zombyeslayer87 wrote:

because money and power corrupts absolute is why! greed is all it boils down 2! they dont need the money its just greed lol

The level of silly and ignorance in that assertion is staggering to behold.

Who is "they"?

And who made you the arbiter of enough?

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to idontcare7

It's like they knew everyone wanted more camos. Cool, oh but wait we have to pay additional to the $100 we've invested? Wtf. Take those camos and make them rewards for new challenges. Now they don't mean crap. Just means you donated more to the treyarch college fund. Lol

Level 8

in reply to idontcare7

It's marketing and it works very well. They might have made them free if they knew no one was going to buy them but someone always will so they will charge for it and people will pay. Same thing for the series, keep everything almost the same, change minor things and put a new coat of paint on it and sell it. People will always buy cod because for some reason people hope that it  will drastically change, but it won't because the proof is there, it sold over several hundred million copies. Its wast for them to keep the same formula and spend more money in marketing it because they dont have much yo change game to game, just make it look that way. Sad part is that the people who do what they are told and do 90% of the labor probably don't make jack shit for a paycheck. I will be amused to see how shiny they make the next one that will Be on next gen consoles.

Level 4

in reply to idontcare7

Honestly, were folks really surprised?  This is not the first time this has happened in COD.  Heck, all you need to do is look back to the Hardened Edition for BO II.  But also, let's all remember the WAW pre-order insta' unlock of weapons and of course the "Canteen Incident". 

This stuff is always buyer beware.  Heck, I think 3arch is pretty darn clear with their intentions here as opposed to how some other groups do it.  Look at some other games that offer season passes and tell me what those include and what they don't include.  Then go back and look at how 3arch explains their product and you will see they actually do it better.

Hey, I'm not buying DLC for this game, but it's not becuase of this.

Level 48

in reply to otisman666

otisman666 wrote:

But also, let's all remember the WAW pre-order insta' unlock of weapons and of course the "Canteen Incident". 

oh cripes i forgot about the canteen thing, i wonder how many broke thiers trying to get the top that didnt come off ..off

Level 75

in reply to idontcare7

idontcare7 wrote:

I don't understand how these people run customers to the ground, i mean i do, because people keep coming back and they know it.

I do keep coming back for BLOPS2 because I like the content and feel fine about it because I like the Treyarch content, they are my favorite COD developer.  After I pick and choose from the camos for the latest DLC, I will probably have $220 spent on BLOPS2 if you count the two xbox live subsciptions for our household:

$60 for pre-order of BLOPS2

$50 for the season pass

2 x $50 for two 12 month xbox live subscriptions, which are only used to play BLOPS2 and zombies

$10 for the latest DLC camos and extra slots.

However, I will not be spending this much in MW4 because they do not have zombies.   At a minimum, I'll buy MW4 used off ebay and skip the season pass and all the other stuff, like I did with MW3 when I bought it used.  Then the following year, I spend all my money on the next Treyarch release and season pass.

Level 3

Studios