3arc / Acti - Communication is a cheap and quick way to reduce angst

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Communication is a cheap and quick way to reduce angst

in reply to FalconR6

Well done! but one problem... not everyone reads the message of the day when starting the game. many have become acustomed to just pressing a the moment the screen shows to to bypass it. Once thing that could be done is a mandatory 10 second wait before being able to press a to continue on.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

I wouldn't mind a 10 second pause if Message of the Day became more than just a promotions board. Just got to get the word out there; I cringe when I see yet another poor sod who has been affected by the local glitch. BO2 has alot of positives to it - the devil is in the detail.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to FalconR6

May I contribute some other possible "ghost" statements?

"We have no intentions of adding any further Elite functionality into the game" or "We are working on adding more Elite functionality into the game."

"We are aware of the many issues people have been having with elite and are working to resolve them. Look for a patch soon."

"We are aware that Elite competitions are awarding random players with points they didn't earn. We are investigating these issues."

"We are aware that no clan received their XP or award for Sunday's clan op and will be working to distribute those points soon"

Just a few...I could probably write another 100 of these. Unfortunately, any of the statements above would mean they would actually have to be working on Elite which does not seem to be the case as we haven't seen a patch/update to Elite in well over a month.

The key to your post though is Communication. We need more communication and right now Activision has one of the highest user bases out there yet they do not communicate things with us. It's sad really. We aren't asking for details, we are asking for at least a little communication that you are aware of items and that you are working on it (or not working on it).

Mediums in which they can and should communicate: COD Website, Elite Website, Twitter, Facebook, Elite Applications (iPhone, Android, Console), and these forums.

Level 33

in reply to FalconR6

I thought people would have realized by now that they (Treyarch/Activision) do these things on purpose, in order to sell the title yearly. It's just another sad example of a publisher's greed ruining a franchise with good potential.

It's precisely why the Halo franchise was left behind when Bungie left Microsoft, and supposedly signed with Activison. Of course, corporate greed played a hand in that as well, with Microsoft specifically stating that Bungie were to leave the Halo license.

I'm just sick and tired of bad people ruining good things.

Level 7
Highlighted

in reply to DarkHero131

Communication helps small and big business alike. It staggers me with issues such as the local glitch 3arc/acti are happy for Support to mop up the mess rather than minimizing the gamers affected. Seems counterproductive to me. Protecting your image can backfire.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to FalconR6

excellent, the most concise way to address the consumers and a nice way of letting treyarch know that we expect a certain level of excellence that all of us love. If we didn't like the product none of us would bother buying.playing, and when an issue comes, fixing/addressing it.

Level 6

Studios