$15 for a map pack is atrocious.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: $15 for a map pack is atrocious.

in reply to Bielsalmighty

A gun!? "A" Gun............I've played Cod and Battlefield for years! Won't even try the fanboy argument in this setting! Pointless. 1 gun is a joke! Battlefield 3 has done the dlc game perfectly! Tons of guns, vehicles, soldier camos maps, game modes and assignments in every dlc! Well worth the premium cost of $50.

I picked up black ops 2 with the intentions of just playing zombies and not having any hopes for multi player. For me, as an adault, with decent income and some intelligence, $15 for a map pack is nothing. But, I'm not getting it and haven't been playing for a long time.

Flame on, rage on, too long didn't read on, I don't care, I'll be on the battlefield!

Bottom line for those who have a brain. Despite all the complaints about everything about this game. If you are still playing and still buying dlc then shut up. You know the drill, you know the owner/developer, you know the lag.

For the argument of, "it should be good dlc, it should be a good game from the start, it shouldn't have lag"! I totally agree. But we know it's not!!

Level 1

in reply to Killman360

$15 for 4 map packs AND a gun.

Where as before you never got the gun

Level 29

in reply to gdexter

Ooooo, 1 gun? Wow, my mind is changed.

I apologize for the snarky response, but that really made me chuckle.

Hmm, I can get 4 maps and one gun for $15, or I could get the Elder Scrolls IV for the same price. Choices.....

Level 1

in reply to Killman360

Killman360 wrote:

I should of known that you would charge this much. How can you charge this much for an (relatively small) add on? Treyarch is the only company that can get away with providing a small amount of content for this price. Look at past DLC. Elder Scrolls IV, GTA4, these games had fantastic DLC for no more than $20 a piece and those actually added TONS of content and were almost whole new games themselves.. Not only that, but I could get a whole GAME on Xbox live for this price. I am not buying into it. The season pass is a slap to the face of gaming and really, what is the point of buying DLC for a game that will be unsupported in about 6 months?

Perhaps this post is entirely pointless but my point still stands. This pricing is terrible but unsurprising coming from a company that only sees us as walking dollar signs and nothing more.

dlcs for cod have always been 1200msps...in uk thats about £8.00...its nothing...sick of people like you moaning at everything..did you buy it ..if you did ..why???this is just a pointless post...what can you buy for $15 that will give you months of pleasure...in your case a diaper maybe...

Level 2

in reply to chummierpie

As I have already said, the 1200msp trend did not start until MW2. Of course, this still does not justify it. Classy with the insult by the way. As expected from this community. I have the right to voice my opinion and I am doing so in a polite manner. You have a right to voice your opinion as well, but I take it with a grain of salt thanks to that last line.

Level 1

in reply to Killman360

Killman360 wrote:

I have the right to voice my opinion and I am doing so in a polite manner.

Polite? Your original post was laced with nothing but short-sighted venom. You really have no idea how a business works, do you? I'm sure you'll say "yes I do", yet nearly everything you've posted says otherwise.

Level 9

in reply to Killman360

Trying to figure out what your point is. Every map pack in CoD history has been at the same price point. In this case, we are actually getting more for the price than we ever have before. 4 maps, a new Zombie Map, a new Zombie mode, and a Multi-player weapon.

For the hours of playtime I will get on these maps, well worth the price. It costs me more than $15 to go to a movie for only a few hours of entertainment.

I have said it before, I will say it again. The investment I put into CoD games every year brings me the best return on my entertainment dollar. I end up spending around $150 at the top level, and get typically 5-10 days + of entertainment. Can't get a hotel room in some places for that much. That would buy me possibly a day in a major theme park.

If you don't think its worth it, then don't purchase it. It's not that complicated. Intelligent consumers research the product and decide what is best for them. But the price is fair, no matter whether you feel it is or not.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Map packs for Call of Duty 2-5 were $10 or less. This is my point. I look at what is being offered in the map pack and then I look at the price. It just doesn't add up. Like I have said, there are tons of better things just with gaming that could be purchased for that price.

People are saying "Well then, why don't you do get the other things then?" I will do that, but I still want to give my opinion.

Level 1

in reply to Killman360

Killman360 wrote:

Map packs for Call of Duty 2-5 were $10 or less. This is my point. I look at what is being offered in the map pack and then I look at the price. It just doesn't add up. Like I have said, there are tons of better things just with gaming that could be purchased for that price.

People are saying "Well then, why don't you do get the other things then?" I will do that, but I still want to give my opinion.

and when i was a kid, soda only cost a nickel.  seriously.  cod 2 was like a decade ago.  inflation, friend.  when cod 2-5 came out, gas was a buck a gallon.  roll with the times, or die in the past.  gripe but the pricing is as fair as it always was.

Level 10

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

nicedrewishfela wrote:

Trying to figure out what your point is. Every map pack in CoD history has been at the same price point. In this case, we are actually getting more for the price than we ever have before. 4 maps, a new Zombie Map, a new Zombie mode, and a Multi-player weapon.

For the hours of playtime I will get on these maps, well worth the price. It costs me more than $15 to go to a movie for only a few hours of entertainment.

I have said it before, I will say it again. The investment I put into CoD games every year brings me the best return on my entertainment dollar. I end up spending around $150 at the top level, and get typically 5-10 days + of entertainment. Can't get a hotel room in some places for that much. That would buy me possibly a day in a major theme park.

If you don't think its worth it, then don't purchase it. It's not that complicated. Intelligent consumers research the product and decide what is best for them. But the price is fair, no matter whether you feel it is or not.

very well put..and extremley polite...lol

Level 2

Studios