$15 for a map pack is atrocious.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

$15 for a map pack is atrocious.

I should of known that you would charge this much. How can you charge this much for an (relatively small) add on? Treyarch is the only company that can get away with providing a small amount of content for this price. Look at past DLC. Elder Scrolls IV, GTA4, these games had fantastic DLC for no more than $20 a piece and those actually added TONS of content and were almost whole new games themselves.. Not only that, but I could get a whole GAME on Xbox live for this price. I am not buying into it. The season pass is a slap to the face of gaming and really, what is the point of buying DLC for a game that will be unsupported in about 6 months?

Perhaps this post is entirely pointless but my point still stands. This pricing is terrible but unsurprising coming from a company that only sees us as walking dollar signs and nothing more.

Level 1
99 REPLIES

Re: $15 for a map pack is atrocious.

in reply to Killman360

TL; DR.

$15 is what they ask for for the map pack, $15 is what they will get because people will always buy it no matter what. You can either wait months for it to be discounted, or not download it..

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to Asoxus

I stand corrected, that's an 18 pack..

Level 32

in reply to zingaa

You stink.

Level 2

in reply to Killman360

The maps stink.  

Level 6

in reply to Killman360

$15 is nothing, it's back pocket change to most working adults, maybe your on benefits or a child.

If this amount represents a large amount of money to you then may I suggest you shouldn't be wasting it on video games, you should paying bills and buying food instead.

Level 20

Classic Activision/Treyarch [REMOVED BY MODERATOR] reply. Interestingly enough, I am currently on disability. My income is not the greatest obviously, so I want to spend my money wisely, like most people. It does not represent a large amount, except when you factor in what you are getting, which is hardly anything. So yes, for the content that is being provided, $15 is a horrible price. Think about it this way. $15 is 1/4 the price of the ENTIRE GAME. Now tell me, do you really think there is enough content in this to make up for 1/4 of the whole game? No. There is not.

Level 1

in reply to Killman360

Killman360 wrote:

Classic Activision/Treyarch [REMOVED BY MODERATOR] reply. Interestingly enough, I am currently on disability. My income is not the greatest obviously, so I want to spend my money wisely, like most people. It does not represent a large amount, except when you factor in what you are getting, which is hardly anything. So yes, for the content that is being provided, $15 is a horrible price. Think about it this way. $15 is 1/4 the price of the ENTIRE GAME. Now tell me, do you really think there is enough content in this to make up for 1/4 of the whole game? No. There is not.

So then dont buy it or wait til it goes on sale.

Level 72

The usual fanboy response <yawn>

Level 2

in reply to Killman360

So... this is your first COD DLC purchase?

The price hasn't changed since 2009.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

Studios