You can now get to the Wii U Home Menu...

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Re: You can now get to the Wii U Home Menu...

in reply to pauly02

Yeah, the whole testing thing needs to be worked on. 3A needs to figure out a way to test these online prior to launch with someone fluent in Wiimote, etc.

Which begs the question...I wonder how much testing Nintendo did to approve the patch (or the game at launch)? I mean, it's their console and their Wiimote.

Level 23

in reply to disChapo

Opening the home menu disconnects you on Assassin's Creed 3 multiplayer too. It might be something with the Wii U OS. That's probably the reason why the home menu was originally blocked in multiplayer.

Level 37

in reply to nintendon_t

Even if it was OS related, I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult for Treyarch to make the necessary changes to get it to work properly.

Level 2

in reply to Link23809

i think it would be something from nintendos end.  i hope they remove some of the RAM needed for the OS (so there is more for games later on). the OS needs improvements. like i hate how you cant switch players from the homemenu, game would need to feature a reset and 'game reset' warning for it, and possible reset redirect from teh developer(so switchign users doenst bring you to campain.)

Level 22

in reply to nintendon_t

Bingo.

I am going to put a post up later today that addresses that, but essentially, yes. 

in reply to A_Trey_U

Access to home button doesn't bug me in Multi - don't need it. But when you're at the game main menu, it's nice to have. Which area is the problem? Home button on main menu or in multiplayer? Both?

Level 23

Studios