Why people bought the Wii U

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Re: Why people bought the Wii U

in reply to pauly02

I am not missing anything.  The only argument that I have heard that makes any sense is that the community is not big enough to handle more maps, but I don't think that's accurate.  I would think a good way to reduce the size of the community is to have people lose interest in the game by treating the platform as an afterthought.   If the DLC would really be a problem due to fragmentation then release it for free as part of an update, the work has already been done and the community isn't going to grow without support.

Level 1

in reply to thrift24

thrift24 wrote:

I am not missing anything.  The only argument that I have heard that makes any sense is that the community is not big enough to handle more maps, but I don't think that's accurate.  I would think a good way to reduce the size of the community is to have people lose interest in the game by treating the platform as an afterthought.   If the DLC would really be a problem due to fragmentation then release it for free as part of an update, the work has already been done and the community isn't going to grow without support.

Now you're talking.

Level 13

in reply to pauly02

Wow...... Finally! A few of you get it,nicely said. In order to grow the community chances need to be taken. Couple things for ya...... If you keep doin the same thing .......you will continually get the same results. I guarantee dlc will be a huge hit on the wiiu, people are so starved to be "just like the other consoles " they will buy it if for no other reason than out of curiosity. Hey trey arch sometimes you gotta spend a little money to make a lot of money. If you build it they will come . I bought the console for the motion controls and to primarily play cod period that's it. I like the console , the games getting better, I'll sell it in a second if they move away from the motion controls on fps games on here. Just one 47 year olds opinion.

Level 1

in reply to thrift24

Agreed

Level 26
Highlighted

in reply to LEO497

i bought it because i am a nintendo fan who happens to LOVE COD.

motion controls were the best thing to happen to this world since sliced bread.

i couldnt and wouldnt want to imagine playing a COD game without the freedom of literal hand to hand combat.

its an acquired taste and hard to master, but boy is it damn fun!

Level 47

in reply to LEO497

Reason I bought Wii U is because Wii is pretty much dead to me now, nothing interesting left to play.

I don't get it though, why are some people saying how they will sell their Wii U because we won't get DLC, who buys a console because of CoD?

Level 18

in reply to Convict7

Yeah my thoughts too! I purchased this console for many other games, the fact i love cod with motion controls was a huge bonus! I am loving other games too, in fact I love zombi u more then COD! but pikmin 3, watchdogs, the wonderful 101, Need for Speed, Project cars are high on my wanted list!

I love the internet browser, I love miiverse and i'm hoping TVii will come at some point to Europe! and Eshop is so simple to use, I never used this on Wii! I also love that I can sit and play Trine 2 or nano assault or zen pinball 2, some nintendoland on the gamepad whilst the kids watch Jake and the Neverland pirates or the wife watches another one of her shows!!

My internet is rubbish so I'm pleased unlike PS4 gamers with their vita I can play on the game pad without needing internet and have no latency at all.

DLC is something for the future me thinks, lets get past this debate! we know people are annoyed and feel 3rd rate but I think the only reason it is not here is current online numbers. There is no other reason as the console is capable.

Level 6

in reply to OFCPaul1974

As greedy as ubisoft is, at least they release mp dlc( that no one ever plays) for dlc, not to mention they're having a sale, all ubisoft games at the eshop 30% off. Seems to me like they're actually trying to find a way to please us afer they screwed us over. Also, notice how nintendo is allowing the company that backstabbed them to release dlc on their system. When i get home today, i'll be buying the new dlc for ac3 that came out today (i cant stay mad at ubisoft forever....).

Level 33

in reply to Padiego

is the AC3 dlc for singlr player or multiplayer? if single player then I understand having it as you dont need others to play! from ehat i hear no one yet plays the multi player on Ac3???

Yes to some extent I always thought lack of DLC on cod was pure greed from Activision but people got me thinking that with connection being blamed on current lack of numbers this would get worse if the community was split say 50/50 with those having DLC and those not?

Short is: I would not get rid of the wiiu just because we did not get DLC for cod! i never got rid of my wii when we never got DLC for that console.

Level 6

in reply to OFCPaul1974

As of now, there's 4 dlc packs. One is free, $5 single player, $10 multiplayer(its a map pack and some stickers), $10 single player. Oh and when you get to a certain point in MP, you have to buy an online pass. Yeah, activision isnt the only greedy moneywhore around.

Level 33

Studios