What Do These Achievements/Badges/Medals Mean and Why Are They There?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

What Do These Achievements/Badges/Medals Mean and Why Are They There?

So..occasionally while playing BO2 I will get certain in-game achievement badges (ex. bloodthirsty medal) that instead of having their normal..icon? have odd things such as what appear to be crossed Hellstorm Missiles or a plain navy blue badge with the Grim Reaper guy on it. I'm not sure why this is or what they are for. Anyone know what they mean?

I must thank Germanic Mexican for reminding me about this. He replied to a post with a 12 Consecutive Kill video that contained a reaper badge upon a bloodthirsty. Maybe you can repost it on here for reference if you see this post.

On a sidenote..

There are also the "Call in [X amount] Scorestreaks" achievements that pop up randomly in matches. I assume that these are measures for streaks called in different game modes, but other than what pops up in-game, there is no way to view these. If that were added it would be nice. It would be cool to see various stats like that and track my own progress. I don't know if the other systems can see such things on like elite or anything since I only have this version.

Level 18
6 REPLIES

Re: What Do These Achievements/Badges/Medals Mean and Why Are They There?

in reply to the1andonlyIKY

In Blops 2 for the Wii U there are emblems, calling cards & medals. There are no achievements for the Wii U sadly.

Medal

The grim reaper guy is seen on multiple badges & to get these medals you must go on a rampage. Bloodthirsty is earned when you kill 5 people in one life & if you kill 10 you earn the medal merciless. So that is how that works for the grim reaper medals, don't worry because there are more than just those two. You can get medals by performing a certain action or achieving certain criteria (for example shooting someone from a far distance get you the longshoot medal).  As an extra note these medals give you experiance like winning a game gives you 250 exp or something like that.

Calling Cards

These are the closest thing we get to achievements. To unlock a calling card you must perform a certain action or meet a certain criteria but these are more difficult to get than medals & they don't give you exp.. An example of this is get 10,000 kills in your career or appear in the final kill cam 25 times.

Emblems

It is the same as calling cards except for the fact you get to make an emblem out of the emblems

Level 1

in reply to Wehtaw

You dont understand...

Level 18
Highlighted

Bloodthirsty: 5 kills without dying AKA get a UAV in TDM medal

Level 37

Bloodthirsty: 5 killstreak

Merciless: 10 killstreak

Ruthless: 15 killstreak

Relentless: 20 killstreak

Brutal: 25 killstreak

Nuclear: 30 killstreak

Unstoppable: Every other kill after the nuclear medal

Fury Kill: 4 quick in succession kills

Quad Feed: 4 kills at the same time

Chopped Up!: Tomahawk kill

Bankshot: Bouncing Tomahawk kill

Deadeye: Crossbow kill

Skewered: Ballistic Knife kill

Stick: Semtex kill

These are most of the non gamemode specific medals you can get.

Level 14

in reply to BlackMetroid95

Dude i know what all of them freaking are >.< what im talking about are occasional cases where the normal badge isnt shown but either a badge with crossed hellstorms or a plain reaper guy with a few ribbons

Level 18

Yes, I know what you mean. I've sometimes seen that generic Grim Reaper medal pop up, and it clearly said "Revenge" under it. I think it also happened once with a longshot. My best guess about this is the medal's picture couldn't be read from the disc fast enough, so it's just replaced with that.

Level 17

Studios