Treyarch, your game is unplayable!!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Re: Treyarch, your game is unplayable!!

in reply to onlyUSEmeMARIO
Level 14

in reply to pauly02

If Treyarch can look into the constant disconnect from lobbies I'd be happy. Had this problem/issue for the last few days. If someone backs out of the lobby in a group, some of us can't rejoin and have to use the "Home" button on the gamepad to reboot/restart the game to rejoin.

I don't think it should have to be that way. Just sayin'...

Thanks, LuRcHED

Level 13

in reply to pauly02

I have to agree with you somewhat on this, although I have other reasons since my connection is pretty good. What I do not like is the multitude of error messages trying to find/join a match, that glitch that reset my level a while back and the fact they still let quickscopers get away with borderline cheating!

I also dislike that wildcards require points to use. I understand it's to do with balancing but in the end (with the exception of overkill and the lethal/tactical wildcards) we should just be given the option to use two perks because it'll eat up more points anyway!

Anyway I don't want to rant. Fight tha powah.

Level 2

in reply to pauly02

I'm never near the laptop when A_Trey_U is in a posting kind of mood....

Level 33

in reply to pauly02

Pauly have you tried any of the suggestions in the thread yet?  Just curious.  If you have a PVR then record your gameplay.  If you don't all you can do it pay real close attention and take notes on what is going on to try and diagnose the problem.  I'm also curious to see how the lan adapter works for you.

Level 33

in reply to like2nap03

The infuriating thing (for me) is the inconsistency. I dont hate this game, I think its a mix of a few things, ALL of which appear to be against me, making it unplayable (for me). This isnt all treyarchs fault, as padiego said above they did a great job porting this game on previous cods, and yes they support their own game, so again , brilliant.

My issues>

Playing solo + playing better players

The majority of wiiu bo2 players are very decent, we have a very small contingent of sucky players who bought the game just so they could tell their friends they play, unlike the ps3/xbox fanboys. So pretty much every lobby has good players, so our gameplays are harder to do well in. Theres also more parties playing in this game than previous games, so playing solo in objective games your gona find it harder. Ive played predominately solo in this game, and I play 99% domination, so im on the back foot straight away.

Connection

The majority of players who play multiplayer are american, or at least that side of the world. The euro figures online in the afternoon over here arent 1/3 of what is normally online in US primetime, meaning there`s a lot more US hosts - US players also have better faster connections, and are nearer the servers. My personal ping to the US goes up 8 fold from that of a euro host, and I can get much better games in the afternoon on a euro host - my problem is I cant play in the afternoon, my gaming hours are evening, so US hosts, meaning I get allsorts of BS death, probably down to ping. This isnt treyarchs fault, its the limited playerbase and my gaming hours. On a good euro host i`ll go 45-7 with 12 flag caps, on a US host i`ll go 10-46 with 2 flag caps, but i`ll feel that I should have gone 28-28 given all the 1v1 BS deaths I get, and this is nearly EVERY game. Very frustrating.

Wiimote

I use wiimote, big disadvantage here. I also ADS all the time, major disadvantage coupled with the wiimote use as ADS with the wiimote is nigh on impossible - add to that the fact that the gun wavers as you run, and flickers when you ads, its hard enough. Then there`s the frustration of the DA users who seem to lock on until you die, and 99% of them hipfire nonstop with every gun they use, I dont stand a chance in the majority of gun battles. This can be, and NEEDS to be fixed unless they want to phase out the wiimote for future games, and lose maybe 1/5 of the wiiu playerbase.

BS + clusterfick

There`s so much BS and I think the game has been made a little too complicated in that whatever perks/setup you use, theres still a barrel load of things that you cant counter. Making it somewhat of a lottery. You choose stealth, you leave yourself wide open to other things, you choose explosive protection, your wide open to stealth players, you choose either, you have a limited gun attachments, you top up the gun attachments you dont have enough perks. There`s imo OP pistols, that irk the hell out of everyone they kill. there`s target finders who sit in doorways and just ads the entire game, theres remington users who think theyre MLG. There`s the fact that people like Nintendon`t and pwnsweet actually believe that the smgs are 3 shot kills with a wiimote in the UK when its more like 10. There`s the fact that A_TREY_U and pwnsweet actually think that the UK connection isnt that bad. There`s the matchmaking, that now changes teams 35 times in every lobby, before it actualy lets you play. Then there`s theres the letdown of no dlc, still being made to feel like a 3rd world country against the big 2. No elite/ nuketown 2025 etc etc. Killcams showing you NOT doing things you clearly did - again this is proves lag.

Summary

All in the all in my view the game is fun, IF you use analogs and play in a party and live in the US of A. Its not so much fun if you live in europe, use wiimote, play solo, and ADS a lot. I think the wiimote can be fixed/buffed. They`ll never change the lag for european players coz thats not their fault (I dont think), nor will they stop people playing in parties and they`ll never add mercenary TDM again. They cant uncomplicate the setups and they cant make the maps a little bigger. They have improved in interacting with the community, which is a major step forward. I may be back one day, I may not, but these were just my thoughts and the reasons behind why I left the game.

I remember Nintendon`t quitting a LOT in BO1 coz the connection killed him when he was host - well EVERY game I play is like that, and its niot through hosting. I know a LOT of UK players who feel the same as I do. I played MW3 last night and had NO problems with lag, and there was a simliar number of players online to BO2.

Level 14

in reply to like2nap03

like2nap03 wrote:

Pauly have you tried any of the suggestions in the thread yet?  Just curious.  If you have a PVR then record your gameplay.  If you don't all you can do it pay real close attention and take notes on what is going on to try and diagnose the problem.  I'm also curious to see how the lan adapter works for you.

I have explained several times my problems and i'm tired of it. Somewhere in this thread you will find them, somewhere in this forum you will find them. I'm doing nothing to my router except maybe try going wired. When my son can play this game on xbox without the problems I experience, on the same internet, from the same router, in the same room, I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to work out THE PROBLEM IS NOT ON MY END.

Level 13

Studios