Thank you A_Trey_U and Treyarch Team and what is your favorite improvement of BO2 over past CoD games?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Thank you A_Trey_U and Treyarch Team and what is your favorite improvement of BO2 over past CoD games?

I notice that there is a lot of negativity on this forum concerning Black Ops 2, but I want to tell you not to let it get to you. The contributions you made to the community are amazing. I love the patch support. The 2 patches very close together took me by surprise. I am a Wii Remote player, and even before the aim assist patches, I learned to aim very well with the Wii Remote. I am very happy with your Wii Remote support as A_Trey_U put, "out of love of our fans from the Wii". It touches my heart that these developers are supporting the platform when many other third parties refuse to. I am aware that Call of Duty runs on a relatively old engine, and can not be perfect for everyone because of engine flaws and that it is an online game. The game runs rock solid and hit detection is persistent most of the time, and connections are great (I use Normal, and Best for lobbies). Every single glitch that bothered me, you fixed. Amazing. Even if Nuketown 2025 and Revolution DLC never come, i'll understand and still be happy with my purchase for what it is and the experiences i've had with this game.

I realize that people come off as a bit rude in this forum, so I say again, do not let it get to you. You are a great dedicated team and I look forward to your next patch and DLC news.

I don't think there is a real topic here based on what I said, so i'm going to ask the forum members: What is your favorite improvement BO2 made over previous Call of Dutys? My favorite improvement is they Got rid of Last Stand/Final Stand/Second Chance.

Level 1
13 REPLIES

Re: Thank you A_Trey_U and Treyarch Team and what is your favorite improvement of BO2 over past CoD games?

in reply to ZainreFang

My favorite is probably map design and the pick 10 system. Also balance overall even though that was just achieved with the latest patch.  Now if they would just make footsteps easier to hear....

Level 33

Re: Thank you A_Trey_U and Treyarch Team and what is your favorite improvement of BO2 over past CoD games?

in reply to like2nap03

i like the pick 10 too, great idea, but itd be nice to have the killstreaks linked to your classes so you didn't have to change your streak for different games all the time.

Level 4

in reply to beedifer

I like the BO1/BO2 way better to be honest. Killstreaks should be a gamble. If you wanna be a big man and run high streaks, you should face the consequences of not being able to get them.

It was so damn annoying in MW3 when you're kicking ass and the enemy team would quickly switch to their easy support streak class.

Level 37

in reply to ZainreFang

I'm super happy with it too and all the support behind it.

I'm lucky because I was seriously going to sell it after about 10 minutes of play but decided to give it another chance after the first patch (which introduced the sensitivity / speed options), then the other patch which applied them to the Campaign. I fear many others wouldn't have given it a second chance like I did. I think it was a real failure of the reviewers not to point out the wii remote issues. Not a single outlet mentioned it. Had I known I would have been more patient but I thought the game was just broken as I've never played any other Wii COD's before so I had no frame of reference.

It's now one of my favorite games of all time.

My only issue is that this game has now revealed to me just how hard it is to get a wii remote based FPS to work well...this is bad in the sense that I now know that any other developer without 5 other wii remote games worth of experience behind them will never get it right or attempt to get it right. So now I have to come to terms with the fact that this may very well be the first and only FPS I can play on Wii U, since I can't stand DA. I really want to play that new Aliens game on Wii U but again does anyone really expect Gearbox to put the same level of effort into this that Treyarch has?

I guess one is better than none though. Anyway great work Treyarch!

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to piiwii

Well the people who test the game are the people who call themselves "Harcore" and of course its childish to use the wii remote.

Level 30

in reply to infinitlag

Yeah I'd love to see statistics on how many people use the wii remote. I reckon it's probably about 20% and will drop to about 5-10% over the life of the system

Level 3

in reply to piiwii

I will use the Wiimote only until it dies. Which pisses me off because if there is a "Wii" in the name of any future console - I expect motion control. Whether or not game devs continue to take that type of control on is yet to be seen. I hope so though.

I have zero issues with the Wiimote controls at this point. Aside from aim assist through walls - but that happens with both controllers. I don't use aim assist, so it doesn't really matter to me I guess.

My only issue is connectivity and lag. I now experience lag 95% of the time and weird connection issues. And as crazy as it sounds, I have a better experience in 3 bar, than with 4 bar. Weird. Anyway, I suspect that will be an ongoing improvement to tackle by the dev team. Solution: all of these MLG leagues and sponsored competitions should be online - not LAN. Then you'd see issues dealt with FAST.

Level 23

in reply to ZainreFang

You'd think people would appreciate Trey U/the Wii team more. No other Wii U game is receiving this level of support or communication from the developers....

Level 37

in reply to nintendon_t

Aside from 2 or 3 forum members, I think the appreciate is generally there...no?

3A's involvement here is the only reason I come to the forum as often as I do.

Level 23

Studios