So why exactly was the UAV nerfed to where it now requires 425 score?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Re: So why exactly was the UAV nerfed to where it now requires 425 score?

in reply to EpicProdigy777

With hardline UAV would still be three kills consecutive. In MW3 it was 3 non-consecutive kills. Huge difference. And even with that and the UAV being really hard to shoot down in MW3 with the high buildings and dark skies there was no UAV spam. So why do people think 350 score for UAV would cause UAV spam???????

Level 7

in reply to VampWolfy

VampWolfy wrote:

I think TDM should have a buff on points earned per kill.

125 sounds like a good number.

I like this idea.

Level 33

in reply to nintendon_t

nintendon\'t wrote:

I don't understand why they nerfed it in TDM too. Having it as a 5 killstreak encourages campy gameplay because people aren't as comfortable moving when there's barely any UAVs up. It was already difficult to get high streaks compared to other modes as it is....

You're already top of the leaderboards out of my friends list, whats your problem? If the game was any easier for you it would just be plain boring wouldn't it? You have your DA, AA, 4bar connection, what more do you want?

Level 13

in reply to AsianSensation9

A_Trey_U, could you possibly provide some insight? And could you please consider giving more points for completing tasks like VampWolfy said? Just an idea, if not its okay but there's not enough UAV's out there meaning more camping like what nintendon/t said.

Level 7

The main reason for the increase, was that when the game was new and no-one had ghost, the UAV was "spammed" making it hard to survive becasuse a UAV was constantly up, often the team that won was the team that got then most number of UAVs up.

However, now many players have access to ghost, and therefore the UAV should be reset back down to 350 as the community can easily deal with it. The revalation that blackhats can hack UAVS and launchers can shoot them down, should easily be enough to bump it back down because of how easily it can be destroyed.

Uavs werent really a problem in MW3 because assassin was good anyways. I never complained about having to use assassin quite simply because the rest of the teir 2 perks were bad in comparison, assassin was just a godly perk and was way overpowered.

HArdline? meh, Blast shield? LOL. Overkill? ROFLMAO, Quickdraw? eh, mostly useless.

Level 7

in reply to DatBigSwitcha2

That's an interesting answer, and I could see how some players with a more conservative playing style would complain a bit, as a person who moves a lot UAV's aren't that bad. Before a mark correct answer could A_Trey_U confirm this? The main question I had is why would Treyarch do that in the last patch when most people had already gotten Ghost? I know it has  to do with the Xbox360 and PS3 getting this but you'd think Treyarch would think it over.......... Anyways, is there any chance of changing it back Treyarch(or even to 300 like the way it used to be) or giving more points per completing actions?

Level 7

I doubt it will go back down.

Treyarch might say they want to stop camping, but lets be honest they have given campers a multitude of things to help them camp. Shock charges, betties/claymores, Target finder.

Sure they mightve nerfed ghost, but who needs it now you need 4/5 kills for a simple spy plane (that can be shot down with minimal effort).

Treyarch cant afford to nerf camping anymore, as it affects the casual playerbase (ie the majority of there customers), no casuals =/= no profit.

Level 7

in reply to DatBigSwitcha2

DatBigSwitcha2 wrote:

The revalation that blackhats can hack UAVS and launchers can shoot them down, should easily be enough to bump it back down because of how easily it can be destroyed.

I use UAVs all the time and 90% of them are destroyed within a matter of seconds.  Having to get 5 kills for a UAV that will only last 8 seconds is a little lame, especially considering that you can get a lightning strike capable of killing the entire enemy team with just one or two kills more.

Level 3

I like the way it was before. It is hard enough to get one in HCTDM now this game is promoting camping to the max lol I guess either play Kill confimed or trade in at some point for me.

Level 8

uav is fine at 425

issue isnt how hard it is to get uav but how hard it is compared to everything else.   uav didnt feel the score increase as much  so it was nerfed.     honostly id hace rcxd below uav and cuav 25 pionts off of uav

Level 22

Studios