OP Gun: Remington 870 MCS Yes or No.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Highlighted

Re: OP Gun: Remington 870 MCS Yes or No.

in reply to Wozny1

It needs to pump WAY slower, or at least not have the ability to pump cancel.

Having a OHK shotgun that can fire faster than once per second is just stupid.

I also think all OHK weapons should have aim assist disabled for them.

Level 26

in reply to codcanuck

Curious. Have you ever actually seen anyone pump cancel the R870 ingame?

Level 11

in reply to Wozny1

I have Diamond shotguns on the WIIU version. I play shotguns mainly (either shotguns or pistols)

I can honestly say that shotguns in general are NOT overpowered.

There are honestly so many ways to counter a shotgun user. Sure, they're a pain when you don't expect them but they're limited and usually go on the same route (allyways, small rooms, corridors)
BO2 is a CQC game and as such you should naturally expect CQC duals.

Remmy: By far the most 'noobiest' shotgun. It has a far OKHO range and it can be used by noobs, which makes it deadly.

Ksg: Have you even used it? Try to get it gold and you'll see this lovely hitmarker machine. Sure, it has a long range but use it for more than one game and you'll come back trying wanting it to be buffed.

M1216: Deadly at closerange but it sucks at mid-range. This isn't used by noobs because you have to time the reloads.

S12: It's a beast for multi-kills, on 1v1 encounters it's quite a pain (unless you can trigger it quickly)

I hate it when you guys cry that shotguns are overpowered. Seriously, get a life and learn how to counter them. I find it hypocritical that you moan about them when you yourself are probably using an SMG (PDW) with a silencer on every single map.

The thing about shotgun users is that they die shortly after they kill (unless you're facing a pro shotgun user). He may get 2-4 kills before he dies and they usually have a 1kd. This means that they are limited to scorestreaks and NEVER end up getting anything more than a wartog (not from what I have seen).

Let's compare this with a SMG user, not only do they have range. They have a lot of ammo and flexability. How often do you see these SMG 'pro's use higher end scorestreaks?  I personally find them quite often (either SMG or Assault rushers)

So, who is OP

Think about it and stop complaining.

Level 1

in reply to Necromencer

Necromencer wrote:

I have Diamond shotguns on the WIIU version. I play shotguns mainly (either shotguns or pistols)

I can honestly say that shotguns in general are NOT overpowered.

There are honestly so many ways to counter a shotgun user. Sure, they're a pain when you don't expect them but they're limited and usually go on the same route (allyways, small rooms, corridors)
BO2 is a CQC game and as such you should naturally expect CQC duals.

Remmy: By far the most 'noobiest' shotgun. It has a far OKHO range and it can be used by noobs, which makes it deadly.

Ksg: Have you even used it? Try to get it gold and you'll see this lovely hitmarker machine. Sure, it has a long range but use it for more than one game and you'll come back trying wanting it to be buffed.

M1216: Deadly at closerange but it sucks at mid-range. This isn't used by noobs because you have to time the reloads.

S12: It's a beast for multi-kills, on 1v1 encounters it's quite a pain (unless you can trigger it quickly)

I hate it when you guys cry that shotguns are overpowered. Seriously, get a life and learn how to counter them. I find it hypocritical that you moan about them when you yourself are probably using an SMG (PDW) with a silencer on every single map.

The thing about shotgun users is that they die shortly after they kill (unless you're facing a pro shotgun user). He may get 2-4 kills before he dies and they usually have a 1kd. This means that they are limited to scorestreaks and NEVER end up getting anything more than a wartog (not from what I have seen).

Let's compare this with a SMG user, not only do they have range. They have a lot of ammo and flexability. How often do you see these SMG 'pro's use higher end scorestreaks?  I personally find them quite often (either SMG or Assault rushers)

So, who is OP

Think about it and stop complaining.

Completly agreed, you have learnt well.

I think there were equal shotguns as some of these that were NEVER mentioned as OP.

Level 30

in reply to infinitlag

I'm not arguing the Remington compared to SMGs, I know they have an advantage. In practicaly every CoD they do(and always will which sucks). I'm just saying that the Remington has a long 1 hit range. Personally, I think it should have the range from BO1's Stakeout.

Level 10

in reply to Wozny1

@Necromencer

Level 10

in reply to Necromencer

I stopped taking you seriously when you said you play shotgunners who have a 1KD and used that as a basis for arguing they're not powerful or easy to use.

Level 7

in reply to DatBigSwitcha2

I'm sorry but I'm not taking you seriously either until you learn to read (at least)

Quoting myself:

• Remmy: By far the most 'noobiest' shotgun. It has a far OKHO range and it can be used by noobs, which makes it deadly.

I think I make it clear that it is the most 'noobiest' gun, by EXPLICITLY saying it. In fact, just read what I quoted and you'll see why you're wrong.

What I was saying about the 1kd people is that the majority of the people that use it are noobs/newbs. That's one of the reasons why people think it is OP, just for the mere fact that it can be used effectively with no skill at all.

Level 1

in reply to Wozny1

I agree that the R870 should pump slower

Level 11

in reply to Wozny1

It needs way more recoil.

Level 20

Studios