OK ENOUGH IS ENOUGH I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE ...................................

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Re: OK ENOUGH IS ENOUGH I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE ...................................

in reply to pauly02

OK. I just read what you said in that thread and you're right. I forgot to mention it in my post directly above this one.

As absurd as this sounds, the Wii versions of CoD handled 1 and 2 bar connections differently. I can't explain how it was different because I honestly don't know. What I do know is that it has something to do with the interpolation algorithm and the fact that the Wii versions had inherently more lag. It would be great to get a dev to back this up with a technical explanation, but the chances of that happening are basically zero.

But we really don't need to know the specifics. After all, you;ve noticed it yourself. On BO1 and MW3 playing in a 2 bar lobby was pretty much playable, whereas on BO2 it's not. On BO1 and MW3 if there was a 1 bar player in your lobby they would move around seemingly normal (with an occasional teleport) whereas on BO2 it's how they move all of the time. That is, at least, my experience.  

Level 11

Re: OK ENOUGH IS ENOUGH I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE ...................................

in reply to Pwnsweet1

Pwnsweet wrote:

No I won't back off. I don't know what the problem is, but I do know how to diagnose it and I do know that it is not the game. It is certainly a problem on his end because what he has described cannot be the result of the game. He's talking about 40 second pauses and major killcam discrepancies. This isn't the result of some small tweaking to the network code by Treyarch. If this is occuring when he has 3 bar and 4 bar connections, it's a problem with his internet. I guarantee it.

If it's occuring only in 1 and 2 bar connections, then forget it, it's normal.

Yeah the problem is our end, lol, everything else works just fine except this game and the problem is our end. I get it now, its no coincidence at all.

Level 13

in reply to Pwnsweet1

The killcam descrepencies are on ALL consoles - just go and watch an elpresador vid I seriously fire a launcher at a guy and it blows up at his feet, he doesnt die and kills me - watch killcam, I come around corner with a launcher, not even ADS yet, and he shoots me dead, I dont even pull the trigger.

Level 14
Highlighted

in reply to onlyUSEmeMARIO

Im in the United States on the east coast and I have some of the same issues. A lot of the time people I play with doesnt speak english....lol...I never have an issue with finding games but, I do get killed a lot by people I dont see but in the replay they see me clearly.

A lot of times I hear 1 shot, but in the replay he shot 3 or 4 times right behind me and the only shot I heard was the one that killed me.

A lot of times I pull the trigger as soon as I see someone and I die before any bullets get fired from my gun so that tells me he saw me a half second before I saw him...THIS HAPPENS AWHOLE LOT AND I MEAN AWHOLEEEEEEE LOT.....Very discouraging. You cant play like that so I leave and find another game.

I've notice early in the morning ( 7:00AM )  I can do good on TDM. I went 15-1 with no camping and thats good for me on black ops 2. I reeled off 2 more games after that like 24-4, 27-5. Thats with the wii-mote....lol....Later on I wont be able to do anything til about  ( 8:30pm ) area pass ( 9:00pm ). Then Im good again.

Level 6

in reply to tlaspepper

tlaspepper wrote:

Im in the United States on the east coast and I have some of the same issues.

I've notice early in the morning ( 7:00AM )  I can do good on TDM.

As do many anericans in my clan, but generally do better.

I can do better (sometimes) during the daytime playing solo. But most of the time its no different at all to when I play at night with the clan. But it seems to get very bad after midnight, so I quit playing around that time. I just feel another american taking my slot does the team much better..

Level 13

Hehe, about half of your deaths you were blowing up you own ass with C4 in rage. But the lag feeling were hopeless. Strange thing is I stayed in the lobby 4-5 games and they were a lot better. I got get my kills and I think we won them all. The lag feeling can change a lot when one player enter or exit.

Take care man and if next patch makes it better you will see it here and maybe come back.

Level 8

I'm actually curious now.  A few people from the UK seem to have connection problems when matched with lets say a host from the Americas, yet I live in the Americas and I constantly get put on games hosted by either someone from France (there's a noticeable difference between France french and Canadian french accent wise) or the UK and I have yet to experience some horrible lag like that.  My connection isn't the best either, its around 4mb up and 1mb down (don't know if this affects anything), and my ping to the UK is 194ms with a jitter of 7ms. To France its 166ms ping with a jitter of 3ms.  I also have a wired connection to the Wii U. What could be wrong if when you guys in the UK are host I have no problem but when its the other way around most of you have a very bad connection issue?  If someone that actually knows about this can give some input, I'm sure everyone would appreciate it.  I'd hate to lose more players because of this.

Level 10

Yeah I know, but it was my understanding that we were talking about major discrepancies, not just the regular BS that happens.

Level 11

Heres my BO2 experience:

Oh and I have to ask the players from the UK two questions.

1. Can you play any game mode other than TDM?

2. Do you ever get 4 bar connections?

In Perth you can only play TDM and EVERY (I'm not even joking) lobby is a 3 or 2 bar lobby. The only way I can get 4 bars is if I get host, which I never do. In the ultra rare occasion where I will get host, the connection is significantly better. I actually feel like I'm cheating.

Level 7

in reply to Godotpwn

Godotpwn wrote:

Heres my BO2 experience:

Oh and I have to ask the players from the UK two questions.

1. Can you play any game mode other than TDM?

2. Do you ever get 4 bar connections?

In Perth you can only play TDM and EVERY (I'm not even joking) lobby is a 3 or 2 bar lobby. The only way I can get 4 bars is if I get host, which I never do. In the ultra rare occasion where I will get host, the connection is significantly better. I actually feel like I'm cheating.

I can get 2 or 4 bar connections. I wouldn't know the difference in performance though, its all the same. A few games I get a good connection and it takes me by surprise when someone dies instantly. eg; sometimes it takes so long to register a kill, I sometimes take 2-3 more shots at someone with my M8, but they were hit and killed with the first shot.

One other thing, I know plenty of U.S players with the same problems. They just don't bother using this forum for various reasons..

Level 13

Studios