Noob needs Info

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Re: Noob needs Info

in reply to piiwii

I wouldn't change a thing with the default WiiMote settings for someone new. I have never used anything but the default setting and it works great. I did change the preset to Advance to up the sensitivity to be closer to MW3 but don't bother changing button layout and things. I know a lot of you are used to the layout from before MWR but not me because MWR was my first COD. Default settings are way easier because next fall when the new COD comes out default is still the same and everyone else will rage about missing settings.

Level 4

in reply to battlegun

Hi battlegun!

Welcome to our community! I'm so very glad that you decided to post. The best advice I can give you is to not give up. Whilst it may seem at times that you're constantly getting owned, persistence is key. The old adage "Practice makes perfect" is absolutely true for this game.

I am one of the more experienced Wiimote users around here, so please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding setting up your Wiimote. In fact, I've been running a Youtube channel for a little over a year now to, among other things, help new players such as yourself.

Here's a few videos to help you get started:

Sensitivity options explained:

My button config:

Level 11
Highlighted

in reply to battlegun

As with most games, physics in the real world doesn't apply.  You will want to spend some time with a gun that suits you and see what works about it and what doesn't for you.  It doesn't hurt to explore other guns while you are doing this because mainly what you are looking for is your go to gun.  The one that just seems to fit how you like to play.  Once you get good at playing with it, it is easier to take on other guns and learn how to use them.  Every gun has it's pluses and minuses but for those that learn them each one can be very good.  The MP7 and MTAR are both pretty good starting guns.  The MK48 is also really good but because it's a LMG you will move slower.  So if you like to rush into the action go with the MP7.  If you like moving quickly but are a little hesistant use the MTAR and if you like to hang back more then use the MK48 to start.  As perks go, run Blind Eye and Toughness for the most part but keep a class setup with Blind Eye and Coldblooded for when someone calls in a Lodestar.  As you develop you'll change up your perks but the Blind Eye/Toughness combo will help you not have to worry about most air assaults and it will help you stay on target when you are getting shot at.

Don't worry one bit about dieing.  Everybody dies alot when they first start out.  Some folks will complain but you're not the only new person out there.  So it's not really a big deal.  However, if you are looking to get better then watch your killcams and be sure to run the UAV scorestreak.  Both will give you an idea of where the enemy is and that is very helpful to someone that hasn't mastered all of the typical high traffic areas and camping areas of the maps.

There is lots more to tell you but this will get you started in the right direction.  Once you get the basics down you'll be ready to explore and learn all of the other fun things that CoD has to offer.

Level 69

in reply to battlegun

Stellar insight everyone! Thanks again for the many pointers. Shows that you don't really mean it when you cut my throat with your tricked out rambo knife. (Which I haven't even figured out yet. Just not my priority of things to learn.)

Level 2

in reply to battlegun

What pwnsweet said, keep at it. We all sucked when we started. I started in WAW, and sucked badly, but I enjoyed it like mad, improved thru bo1 to mw3 ,and bo2 is just messed up in so many ways that improvement and stats mean nothing.

Regarding sensitivity, test things out in `local game`, as sensitivity is very personal. Try the preset controls, coz theres sooooooooooooo many different things to adjust, that to get ot perfect is very hard, start with greenhorn, and play bots to get a feel. And dont be afraid to take a step back to get better. I worked my way up to intermediate settings, then after the patch I dont know why,but it made me feel sick, and I had to back down to the 2nd preset. Remember you can change your controls ingame so you dont have to back out and restart

Just play as you feel ok with, and if the trash talkers get to you, just turn audio off in controls.

Level 14

in reply to battlegun

My best advice to you, advice I wish someone would have given me 3 years ago - NEVER READ THESE FORUMS COZ THEY TAKE THE FUN AWAY FROM THE GAME ONCE YOU KNOW WHATS REALLY GOING ON

Seriously though they say knowledge is power, but in the case of this game it isnt. If I didnt know about 3/4 of the stuff what goes on, id just think I sucked I wouldnt know about stuff being overpowered and different controllers, and connection issues, and things having advantages etc etc and once you know whats what it WILL make you rage. Thats why you get so much anger on stuff. I could go on a rant about why our console and game were way more expensive than the ps3 and xbox, but they get the full and we dont. Or I could complain about why do Treyarch games connection suck, when infinity wards doesnt? Yet Treyarch make better games that IW. Seriously, once you soak it all up, it`ll drive you mad. Stay a noob and enjoy the game for what it is, coz if you can do that, its fun as hell

Level 14

in reply to onlyUSEmeMARIO

LOL. Yeah. I'm starting to see the truth in that. I'm taking these forums for what they are. I'll never have the time to be a "pro" at this, and trash talking doesn't phase me. I've spent 14 years dealing with the best trash talkers in the country. I can deal. I get that I'm playing a game, and there will be times where I cuss the t.v. or that John Rambo ninja dude that keeps stabbing me in the back, but its all fun. I'm not going to have nerd rage or get my panties in a bundle over any of this. Life is too short.

Many many thanks for all the advice folks. It's all like McDonalds up in here. Lovin it.

Level 2

Studios