Latest patch REALLY screwed up Wiimote for me

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Latest patch REALLY screwed up Wiimote for me

Target Assist            Disabled

Turn while offscreen   Enabled

Camera Lock            Disabled

Camera Speed and sensitivity settings set to max

No dead zone from the hip

So before the patch I was able to control the camera nice and smoothly with small wrist twisting. After the patch what happens is when I'm turning the camera, the view seems to 'pull' towards the zombies.. like another aim assist toggle had been enabled. This isn't an easy thing to describe, but before the patch if I held the wiimote at an angle pitched to the left or right, the camera would spin at a consistant speed. What happens now is when I try to hold that camera spin, (holding my hand at an angle completely still) when the curser gets in a 'range' of a zombie, the camera will SLOW DOWN BY ITSELF!

I. HATE. THIS.

There are zombies friggin everywhere, so it's always going to be messing with my view/aim. What used to be beautifully fluid () is now a jerky mess where it feels like I'm actually fighting that aim assistance. Treyarch, if you're going to keep adding stuff where it's going to aim for you, you need to include new options to disable that.

Discuss.

EDIT Update: This seems to be a problem specific only to Zombies where Target assist cannot be disabled no matter the setting.

Level 2
12 REPLIES

Re: Latest patch REALLY screwed up Wiimote for me

in reply to one_of_ten

100% agree

Level 5

in reply to one_of_ten

..and what's with the f*cked up grenade throwing and running animations? All I see now is a rapid flashing glitch. How did THAT get past testing? Online play doesn't feel nearly as smooth as it used to.

@A_TREY_U   um, I hate to have to say this but I would seriously consider suggesting to the bosses to just all out revert this patch for the time being, and get that update online quickly. Even for whatever the hell it DID fix, you guys kind of broke the game otherwise. =/

Level 2

in reply to one_of_ten

Im downloading it now and im dreading playing - no doubt ill be on here raging in a lil while

Level 26

in reply to s7ra1gh7upb3as7

No s7ra1gh7upb3as7! If it still lets you play online without the patch, do NOT let that download finish. Spare yourself!

Level 2

in reply to one_of_ten

one_of_ten wrote:

Treyarch, if you're going to keep adding stuff where it's going to aim for you, you need to include new options to disable that.

Discuss.

I still don't get the aim assist anyway, why put something in a game that does the work for you. It really doesn't make sense. Kinda defeats the object of the game imo!!

Level 13
Highlighted

in reply to one_of_ten

Maybe the patch needs to settle in, and also we are suppose to get wiimote fixes in about 2 weeks.

....HAAAAY you're that one guy from Miiverse!

Level 18

in reply to VampWolfy

Settle in? Cripes man, have you tried it? It's awful! I can't play zombies anymore.

Imagine if you will the higher rounds of survival. Let's say a zombie starts hitting you from behind. Now, I used to be able to just flick my wrist to 180 and take the things head off immediately. It was awesome. With the patch now, what's going to happen is when I start to move my view, it's going to slow down to "help" me aim at that zombie that's on the other side of the town, through 7 walls.. (I can't even see the thing much less hit it) so I have to pitch my aim further to 'pull out' of that auto aim BS and get my camera speed back to normal. This is going to happen for EVERY SINGLE ZOMBIE that my cursor gets near until it finally gets to the one I want it to be on.

Is this really how dual analog users have been playing all this time? Fer christ sake!

Level 2

in reply to one_of_ten

thank you so much out of ten!!

i have the same issues but my english is not god enough to explain stuff like this

reading and understanding is easier than talking or writing for me

i keep getting downed because my player keeps "teleporting" (knifelunge or whatever the name is) to the zombies every second time i use my knife/knuckles allthough i turned aimassist off.

i cant play zombies like this

Level 5

in reply to Craszitt

Try ADS in multiplayer with an AR - urgghhhhh - sickly

Level 14

Studios