Lag Compensation

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Re: Lag Compensation

in reply to Elite King

Treyarch will blame that on simple lag.  Not anything in their software.  Believe me, I've been trying to tell them that something is "off" and the game doesn't play like it did in previous titles.  It started on the xbox with BO1 but got better over time.  Their explanation is that they banned certain hosts from being hosts (not banned them in terms of playing) and as they got more data from online play, they were able to eliminate "crappy" hosts.   Hence, it got better overall.  MW3 was one of the worst when it came to instakills and "feeling" like you are a second behind.  It did get better over time though with MW3.   And so here we are, at the beginning of BO2 and the same thing is happening, although the wii u doesn't experience to the degree the xbox does, but mainly because there are hundreds of thousands more players who are online.

They contend they haven't changed ANYTHING but matchmaking algorithms.  Antilag has been in the game since the beginning of the series. There is nothing different about their network code and that this is simply the nature of online gaming (latency).    They contend their is NOTHING in the code that punishes a player for having good internet or being host except that fact that if you are host, you do get some artificial lag to compensate for the old days of host=god.  That's all they have publicly stated.

Bottom line, it really doesn't matter what I believe or you believe, it's what the devs believe.   And so far, they see nothing wrong with the networking layer of the game.  It's the nature of "online gaming".  Some win, some lose.  How that is decided is beyond me.

Level 9

in reply to SysEng123

while that host = God was true for WAW and MWR........host = crap for BO and MW3.

ive never been host on any games and BO2 is the only game doing what its doing.

im frustraded.

Level 47

in reply to Elite King

Does Lag comp apply to hardcore?

Level 8

in reply to Linyao

im sure it applies to all game modes.

Level 47

in reply to Elite King

I see some of my old friends here...i see you bringing up the same issue as the other platforms.

I have bad news:

This will never get fixed. This was introduced in BLOPS, (on the other platforms), and people who pay for decient internet will always suffer in this game. The only true fix is dedicated servers. Like in BF, when information hits the host at the same time, many times both players die together.

No proof? Go back on the updates for blops and mw3 that had updates to address "host issues"

If you are the host, you, and your entire party suffer. P2P connections using one machine lags the host period.

Anyone tells you that it does not exist simply does not understand the system, or is a fanboy, or works for the man who owns the game.

It applies to all game modes.

test it: play in your prime time. then play in the morning, say when you are connected to those mostly overseas. You will find in those morning games you can kill everything, even to the point you cannot believe what you did. Why? the compensation works in your favor.

This is why all talk about skill now becomes futile.

Level 21

in reply to Elite King

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to TheMime1

Level 47

in reply to Elite King

King, you should try playing now. I swear it feels like the latest hotfix did something. I've been getting constant 4 bar games since last night and every single one of my kills/deaths today have felt fair.

Level 37

in reply to nintendon_t

ive been playing like everyday on an alt profile.

Queen had a 37 killstreak the other night on carrier, so the game seems to be getting better, but i stress that cuz it depends on the lobby and the lobby host.

Level 47

Studios