Heads up guys - The wiiU requires a 4 gig update patch on opening the box

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Re: Heads up guys - The wiiU requires a 4 gig upda...

in reply to 7echidna7

in reply to porkins_d

Talk about a strange way to explain things. They sure nailed it.

ClonedLF

in reply to porkins_d

This still doesn't say the day 1 update is 4.2GB. It vast ally just confirmed what I stated above. The 4.2GB is for system resources (Nintendo ID, OS etc). It is not the update.

7echidna7

in reply to 7echidna7

Vast ally= basically. I can't edit on my phone.

7echidna7

in reply to 7echidna7

Yes, and I'm pretty sure the day one update is for all the online features. I think I get what you're saying now. I'm not 100% sure on this though because most articles say the update is for MiiVerse Voice Chat and other Internet resources. While the 4.2gb talks about account and data. However, I think MiiVerse and the account are the same. If not the WiiU comes out tomorrow and I will correct myself on this if necessary.

porkins_d
Highlighted

in reply to s7ra1gh7upb3as7

So if we want to play an online game like BO2, we're forced to get the deluxe version or spend more money on external hard drives and such?

I'm confused.

codcanuck

in reply to codcanuck

canuck,

On my xbox (250GB), I store my games on my HD to save the optical reader from alot of wear and tear (remember all the wii optical drive failures with BO1?).  I still have to put the disk in, but it doesn't run the game off the disk, it runs it from the Hard drive.   Wii U has the same capability, but a lot less space native to the console.  You can buy an external hard drive, have the Wii U format in it's proprietary format, and store games there and get the same thing. 

So you won't need a seperate disk drive to play BO2.  You can run it off the disk, or copy it to the HD (if you have the deluxe model).  If you have the basic, you may not be able to store it on the HD (I don't know how big the CoD Wii U version really is).

Problem is you really need a separate power supply for an external drive.  Do not buy one that gets it's power from the USB drive.  They just don't work for high intensity disk reads like are necessary for games like CoD.

PS. One of our OFC clan members got their Wii U early from walmart.  It's in hand right now.  This member doesn't have the game though.  They are setting it up right now and hopefully they will post something on our forums and I will be sure to put it up here.   Stay tuned...

SysEng123

in reply to SysEng123

Wait I preordered from Walmart and I'm not supposed to get it until next week!

Rythmmastr

in reply to s7ra1gh7upb3as7

You're misinformed, Beast. The Wii U's OS takes up 4GB, not the update. All this update is doing is patching in online features like Miiverse. Probably might even be less then 100mb judging by the size for updates from other consoles.

nintendon_t

in reply to nintendon_t

I wasnt trolling guys - I still love you all and im kinda excited to see how the wiiU works out with blops2.

Ive played a bit now, and im getting better, had to turn my sensitivity down to 2 (high is 14), coz I couldnt keep my aim when shooting, i`ll get better though (i hope) - the best thing I can say to tell you how the game feels is that if any of you have played or seen the maps that came out last year on xbox for the 3v3 games, I cant remember what theyre called, but theyre VERY similair to those maps, yet its 6v6, so you can imagine the clusterfKK it feels like from going 5v5 on bigger maps to 6v6 or even 9v9 on smaller maps. Even the few bigger maps that there is, play smaller, coz theyre all tight corners and twists and turns.

Players who`ll do well are the runners who have the quickest reflex`s coz your almost constantly running into guys either ahead or behind you. You cant hear the guys behind you either coz everyones silent to stop soundwhoring. Players like Fissure will have a field day powning people with slow reaction times.

Domination is quite hard as the B flag is always in the open with numerous spots to protect it from, and quite often it go a long time before either team capture it. The opposition flag is hard to get as you basically spawn on top of it, even if someone is capping it, so you need huge luck where the other team are all alive and away from the flag for you to cap it.

Head glitching is a dominant playstyle, and everyone seems to use red dots and peep out. Or maybe thats just the xbox community, I dont know yet.

Watch this vid, this is a typical game and I laughed when I watched this coz if I could record this could be me in my front room! Gameplay and commentary is deffo the american version of me!!

s7ra1gh7upb3as7

Studios