Dear Devs: Aim Assist = Fake Gamer ... This Game Is A Joke.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Dear Devs: Aim Assist = Fake Gamer ... This Game Is A Joke.

As a Wiimote player I just need to get this off my chest. Aim Assist is there to trick poor gamers into believing they have 'hardcore' skills.

Let me tell you... ... you don't.

Someone in a coma could pick up a DA pad and get a good KD.

These hand-holding dumbed down games are partly why I gave Xbox, 360 and the PS3 a wide birth... This generation of gamers don't know they're born.

Why is it I loved MW3 and the Wiimote controls, but on this one, I'm constantly fighting with them along with the Aim Assist DA fakers?

What's worse, is, YOU GOT IT RIGHT ON BLOPS & MW3 Wii... ... ... you had a working template right there to use, that wasn't broken, and we end up with this disgusting, sloppy tripe. What, in God's name, are you playing at?

Please just give something to help me understand why???

Level 1
50 REPLIES

Re: Dear Devs: Aim Assist = Fake Gamer ... This Game Is A Joke.

in reply to MadeInBeats

pls have fixes in the patch for this.

best nerf AA allround.  fix ads responce delay glitch. this is a twich game and ads delay screw people over.

hope someone givs a wiiu shooteer with no/minor AA and wiimote>DA if not =

port pc version of next cod

Level 22
Highlighted

in reply to MadeInBeats

MadeInBeats wrote:

Why is it I loved MW3 and the Wiimote controls, but on this one, I'm constantly fighting with them along with the Aim Assist DA fakers?

What's worse, is, YOU GOT IT RIGHT ON BLOPS & MW3 Wii... ... ... you had a working template right there to use, that wasn't broken, and we end up with this disgusting, sloppy tripe. What, in God's name, are you playing at?

agreed.  my favorite control set up was MW3.  the crispyness and response time was 2nd to none.  idk why it was scrapped for a built from the ground up control scheme that had so many opening day flaws to it...that got mostly fixed a month later.

i SERIOUSLY hope the next CoD comes with sexy wiimote controls all ready to rock outta the box.

if wiiU beta testers are needed, me and Queen will be the first to sign up.

Level 47

in reply to Elite King

Let's all have ACOG Sniper Wiimote MW3 AIm assist..... yay...

Level 10

in reply to Wozny1

even I can snipe with DA And im the worst DA player EVER!

Level 26

in reply to Elite King

Ill be third. NO gun will be OP. They will all take a whole clip to kill and have the recoil that goes off the screen. Finally, a game that takes skill.

Level 30

in reply to MadeInBeats

I would like to continue my status as a broken record and agree whole-heartedly. And I'm a damn DA user myself. I despise AA in any competetive shooter.

MadeInBeats wrote:

These hand-holding dumbed down games are partly why I gave Xbox, 360 and the PS3 a wide birth... This generation of gamers don't know they're born.

Could not f****** agree more.

I agree with nintendon't though about one thing here, in that it's not a very viable advantage for someone to shoot as soon as the aim twitches when they're looking at a wall, waiting for a player to run out. Human reaction speed typically isn't fast enough to benefit from that. Where it becomes bullshit is for a player who wants to slowly creep out, then it's easy pickings.

The worst though is how it helps you track a player as they disappear behind the wall. Anyone can do it manually, yes, but you're still guessing. AA eliminates the guesswork here. I'd wager at least a third-to-half of my deaths have happened this way. I'm a big fan of popping out, shooting, and taking cover, and AA tracking me behind walls is infuriating to say the least.

Level 2

in reply to Fear_the_Moose1

Half my deaths I kid you not are to skill less DA guys who just run around and shoot at whatever their reticle locks onto. They NEVER raise their gun, its like they dont even know it exists. Spray and pray is their motto. With no AA these guys wouldnt get ANY kills.

As a player who detests hipfiring as its not real life is it? It doesnt feel right - I feel you should HAVE to ADS to get an easy kill. I always ads, and this is the reason I get owned by skill less sausage jockeys

Level 26

in reply to s7ra1gh7upb3as7

I disagree that hipfiring shouldn't happen at all. As for realism, it's still just a video game in the end, it will never emulate realism. You want better realism than CoD? Jump into Counter-Strike.

But there is no way in hell hipfiring should lock onto players. That is the bulliest of bullshits.

Level 2

in reply to MadeInBeats

I have noticed the AA through walls when I'm using the Ballista but whenever I go to ADS it doesn't snap-on like some people claim it does.

Level 6

Studios