CoD - YouTube - Wii/U Community

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

CoD - YouTube - Wii/U Community

why is it that most of the Wii/U YouTube guys dont acknowledge the forums that in turn fuel the views/subs/likes of their videos in the first place.

ive been apart of these forums since WAW first came out.

i consider myself first and foremost a forum guy who happens to put stuff up on YT.

i love recording all games, splicing vids and making montages and soon to be commentaries about CoD and possibly some other non gaming related things.

i dont wh0re my account to get views or subs or favs.

i put up videos/montages for the sheer gratification of making videos.

if you like it, cool.

if you dont, lol, cool.

im good with that.

but i think there should be more of a connection between Wii/U YouTubers and the forums.

hopefully Bo2 bridges that gap between us and doesnt make that gap bigger.

only time will tell...

Level 47
15 REPLIES

Re: CoD - YouTube - Wii/U Community

in reply to Elite King

I've never thought of this forum as being particularly important (i have been around for a long time, just not posted since the BO1 days). It's usually full of bollocks like ps360 weenies stomping around making noise, or the moronic musings of twelve year olds.

Don't get me wrong, there are some useful posters, and some useful posts, but every visit requires wading through the waist-deep muck to get to anything relevant.

That being said, there really isn't a big, nexus-style forum where everyone comes together. The Nintendo community is fractured across several sites now that IGN is irrelevant, so finding a proper forum to converse in is pretty difficult. I'd like to see more cross-talk with youtube too, there's quite a lot of fun/interesting stuff out there which gets either overlooked or just buried.

Level 1

in reply to Cubits

Cubits wrote:

That being said, there really isn't a big, nexus-style forum where everyone comes together. The Nintendo community is fractured across several sites

I'd like to see more cross-talk with youtube too, there's quite a lot of fun/interesting stuff out there which gets either overlooked or just buried.

my point exactly.  the wii/u community is fractured, but shouldnt it heal and come together on this website, www.callofduty.com?

i mean, it can be used as the rally point of all Wii/U gamers/youtubers.

Level 47

in reply to Elite King

Pretty sure c0nb0y mentioned the forums a couple of times.

Level 33

in reply to Padiego

tis why i said most paddy.

but does he come by and post here?

does he acknowledge the forums as a place for all Wii/U gamers to come together and NOT stay separated by a bunch of different unofficial websites?

Level 47

in reply to Elite King

To be honest, I rather he not.

Watching his comment section gives makes me sick sometimes. C0nb0y is a nice guy and all, had the pleasure to meet him twice on podcasts, and you know.....he deserves a better audience. These are all kids....seriously, no older than 12 or 13. I think c0nb0y has the skills to be able to entertain a more mature audience, since if you haven't noticed by now, he's an E-rated commentator, I don't think I've ever heard the guy curse and you can respect him because people like him are rare nowadays....where was I going with this.....

iC0nb0y deserves a better audience.

I'm glad c0nb0y doesn't really mention us because I don't want the forums to get flooded with tons of questions that have been asked and answered countless of times.

Apples are cool.

The fruit not the company.

*rips shirt off to reveal android robot*

But who am I to tell c0nb0y what to do. He's the one that's a machinima partner

Level 33
Highlighted

in reply to Padiego

lets not make this JUST about conboy.

im talking about all YTrs for the wii/u community.

but i understand your point...

apart from the android robot part lol.

Level 47

in reply to Padiego

Fanboy

Level 26

in reply to Elite King

We do that with the Corner Campers Podcast. We had a few guests from the forums and a few Wii YT'ers each week.

Level 37

in reply to nintendon_t

and im happy that you do.

but my point is, why dont more people from the Wii/U community do it?

are they afraid of the forums?

would they rather just talk to themselves in commentaries?

its all very perplexing.

Level 47

Studios