Can anyone hear enemy footsteps?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Re: Can anyone hear enemy footsteps?

in reply to pauly02

Probably won't just cause I posted it.  I've picked one major issue with each game so far (each game that had patches anyway) and bumped it till I got tired of bumping it with no luck.

Black Ops: I made a Region search function thread.

MW3: an akimbo nerf thread.

And Black Ops 2 it's the silent enemy footstep thread.

The first two never got fixed or any acknowledgement from a dev.  Hoping to have better luck with this one.  Based on my history with these it probably would have been better if someone else made the thread.  Maybe they would have better luck.

Level 33

in reply to like2nap03

Well technically they did nerf the FMG, instead of the bullets going straight from the barrels, they started to fire so that it formed a "X" or something, too bad that it just seemed to make them even more lethal in close and barely did anything in long range

If I remember correct that is.

Level 18

in reply to Convict7

Well in the end, yes they did do a mini nerf but half the people who used that gun actually knew what they were doing so it wasn't a problem to them.

Level 30

in reply to Convict7

Yeah, I didn't count that nerf.  It got nerfed 3 more times on the Xbox if my memory serves me right.  I wanted THAT nerf and some people said even that wasn't enough, though it did make a difference.  Let's get back on topic though before this turns into an akimbo debate.

@Mynahbird:  Yeah, that's about where it belongs right now.  Dead silence too.  It does silence your footsteps which is nice.  You still make noise when jumping over things.  I don't think past games did that.  Still silent footsteps for you doesn't help when you can't hear the enemy anyway.

Level 33

in reply to like2nap03

like2nap03 wrote:

.  Dead silence too.  It does silence your footsteps which is nice.  You still make noise when jumping over things.  I don't think past games did that.

In MW3 one of my team mates used dead silence all the time, and I used sitrep, which made my footsteps quiet to me, but made your enemies footsteps much louder. But when I was near my yeam mate, I couldn't hear his steps, but I could always hear when he jumped out of windows etc and landed on the floor. So yes, it did do that in MW3 at least.

Level 13

in reply to like2nap03

I tried using awareness, and could not hear any footsteps and I just placed this perk in the useless slot.

Level 3

in reply to like2nap03

Bump.  Really want this in the next patch. 

Level 33

in reply to like2nap03

I read that one of the Treyarch devs, Vonderhaar, said on a live stream today that they're not touching footsteps because he thought the ones on BO1 were too loud. :/

Level 37

in reply to nintendon_t

You got a link to that? 

And if he is saying that then WHAT IS HE THINKING??  BO1 was fine.   MW3 was fine unless you had sitrep pro. Then it was just stupid.  Hear some guy running down that long alley on Resistance and just wait for him....he's still coming....STILL coming.  Ok now I can shoot him.  But Black Ops was fine except I hated the way the footsteps sounded.  He also says the lag is fine and asked for videos showing the issue.  He got a bunch of them but I haven't looked into any responses from him. 

That in itself is just wrong though.  If you could hear the enemy as well as your teammates then it wouldn't be a problem.  It makes no sense to make your team stomp around but only make the enemy footsteps audible in certain situations.  I just don't get it. 

Level 33

in reply to nintendon_t

nintendon\'t wrote:

I read that one of the Treyarch devs, Vonderhaar, said on a live stream today that they're not touching footsteps because he thought the ones on BO1 were too loud. :/

Here's a thought on that.  He thought footsteps were OP so they nerfed that because they didn't want you to hear the enemy coming.  But then they turn around and let you see them coming by aiming through wall.  WT...I'll leave out the last letter.

Level 33

Studios