BO2 Bandwidth?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Re: BO2 Bandwidth?

in reply to SysEng123

I noticed this lately - I read somewhere that UpNP isnt compatible with the old Wii - now ages ago I learned that if my UpNp on my router was turned ON, which everyone advised to have on, as it helps with online gaming, my nat type is strict. But when I turn UpNp OFF, I get moderate nat type and have no problems. I just thought it was maybe my internet causing the problems, but then I played xbox, and my nat type is open! Same router, same speeds, completely diff nat type - explain that one

Level 26

in reply to s7ra1gh7upb3as7

Oh, snap!

But don't worry Beast, dem sick skillz protect you.

Level 17

in reply to ClonedLF

Oh yes ! Im now working on a gamertag - `DemSickBieberSkillzNLookz`

Level 26

in reply to s7ra1gh7upb3as7

In my experience, most routers do NOT implement UPnP correctly and have crap for firmware. Buggy as hell.  UPnP should have nothing to do with the game's speed per se, but will help open the appropriate ports so you can find matches easier. 

here's an article.  Somewhat dated but it explains it pretty nicely for everyone who doesn't understand what it does.

http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/479758-understanding-how-nat-types-affect-online-connectivi...

As for the difference in the Wii vs. XBOX, I can't speak to that.  Mine works just fine when I set it CORRECTLY.  And who knows if the old Wii implemented UPnP correctly whereas MS knows WTF it's doing when it comes to the appropriate broadcast messages to send to say: "Hey, open these ports numskull!" vs Nintendo. Always best to port forward yourself, at least with the routers I've worked with.  And I wouldn't trust nintendo in regards to anything having to do with online gaming.  I think they think the internet was just created a couple of years ago.

Level 9

in reply to SysEng123

6 down and 1 up

4 years on the Wii and no problem ever like this.

first 2 weeks on the U, and its horrible.

Wii was in the DMZ

U is in the DMZ

all ports are opened.

im at a loss.

Level 47

in reply to Elite King

forgive me, but your nat type is open correct (you mentioned it's in a DMZ)?

and there are no Quality of Service settings on your router that are enabled right?  Such as throttling your connection (although this would have more to do with bandwidth, not latency).

I'm trying to help, but it's extremely difficult without me being there to run networking tools on your network. 

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to SysEng123

i would suppose so.

i am in a DMZ

i have my U QoS'd to the highest priority.

everything is normal or lowest.

i appreciate your help

Level 47

in reply to Elite King

I upgraded my Internet from 10/1 to 100/10 down/up and that changed the bandwidth in my WiiU from 776 to 2766 Kbps. Speedtest in my iPad give me about 30/10 down/up ping 20. I wonder why WiiU always give so much lower bandwidth?

Is there any test program that works in WiiU?

Level 8

in reply to n3r0s

i think there is...but youd have to find it through the interent browser...

OR................just thought of this..............load up the wii part of the U and check your ping through there...

not sure if that hold any truth to the U, but its worth a shot.

Level 47

in reply to Elite King

I've been using my phones hotspot to get in a few games while I have no internet. 3g, its 4g capable but I can't get signal. But anyway it switches between moderate and strict, anywhere from 300's, 400's up to 700 to 800's. Strangely my best games lag wise have been lower 300's with strict Nat? My bars are always at 3 yellow, if the lag gets too bad I will leave. I know that internet through my data connection via my phones WiFi hotspot is a god awful way to go, but what exactly is optimal, and what the hell do those bars even mean?

Level 29

Studios