ADS camera-lock (the problem defined) - wiimote discussion

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Re: ADS camera-lock (the problem defined) - wiimote discussion

in reply to nintendon_t

I really don't want this topic to devolve into a wiimote vs DA flamewar. If the aim-assist that DA receives for Wii U Blops2 is identical to what other consoles get, I really can't see Treyarch changing it specifically for this one console.

I agree with a portion of what like2nap has said. The amount of aim-assist in Blops2 has demonstrated just how frustrating and disadvantageous camera-lock for the wiimote is when the wiimote user ADS's outside of their deadzone (in the case of a wiimoter playing without a deadzone, this is nearly every ADS).

What I disagree with is that: the wiimote ADS mechanic has only become a problem with Blops2. It has always been a problem. The difference now is that it once was a problem everyone had to deal with. Now that DA has become the preferred control scheme for Wii:CoD, it is a problem that only a minority deals with; and that minority feels that they're consistently disadvantaged because of it.

Level 5

in reply to The_Tickler1

Not much else to say about it.  It needs to be changed.  Period.  I don't think it needs to be a toggle option anymore.  It just needs to be changed to where it's a smooth transition.  At least if possible.  Now if for some reason this screws up some other aspect of aiming then make it a toggle option.  Otherwise it just needs to be implemented.

Level 33

in reply to like2nap03

It is my opinion that the most recent patch demonstrated that the ADS mechanic we want is entirely possible. Last patch implemented an invisible arbitrary box on the screen that if you ADS outside of, a smooth transition from hip-fire-turn-speed to ADS-turn-speed occurs.

The problem is that the majority of time that you ADS is naturally within this box, and so camera-lock still occurs. If Treyarch releases a patch that makes the ADS behavior that occurs outside this box the same for the entire screen I think we'll finally have the ADS mechanic that we want.

I also think that when (and if) this happens DA user, nintendon/'t included, will immediately cry foul because wiimote users will receive a significant boost in performance due to finally having a fluid and proper ADS mechanic.

Level 5
Highlighted

in reply to The_Tickler1

Not really. Maybe some of the miiverse idiots though.

Level 37

in reply to The_Tickler1

Bumping even though this is probably already in the upcoming patch.

Level 33

Studios