A few remaining Wiimote problems (UPDATED 04/02/13)

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Re: A few remaining Wiimote problems

in reply to Pwnsweet1

Who the heck uses camera lock anyway?

Level 11

in reply to GermanicMexican

I do on occasion.  It's more the sprinting part that causes a problem.

Edit:  But never being able to lock the camera when you have a sentry gun is a pain if you want to do it. 

Level 33

Who the hell uses the swat anyways? Seriously, how the hell do you use that thing ._.

Level 33
Highlighted

in reply to Padiego

The SWAT has been a good gun ever since the AR buff patch a while ago.

Level 37

in reply to Padiego

By the time I got the Swat golden ( way before the past few patches) it was a freaking death laser when equipped with the Hybrid Optic, for some reason.  Havent tried it again after that, so I don't know if it still is.

Level 10

I use camera-lock when pinpointing a very small target at a great distance (especially if that target is stationary). This is particularly useful when using burst fire weapons. If your camera is floating (because you play without a deadzone) you can much more consistently hit all three bullets in one burst if you lock the camera before firing.

I'll also lock the camera when I'm tossing a frag grenade and I have to bank it very precisely off something like a door jam.

Level 5

in reply to Pwnsweet1

I'd like this to be added to the list:

http://community.activision.com/message/414224619#414224619

The linked discussion talks about the mechanics of how scoped weapons work when ADSing. As the game currently functions, both the camera and the cursor are locked in place during the entirety of the ADS animation. This makes it absolutely impossible to follow a target with a scoped weapon during the nearly half-second ADS process; you in effect have to scope in where you think your target will be when the animation completes. Dual-analog control schemes do not suffer from this complication; they can follow a target throughout the ADS animation (helped in no small part by aim-assist).

The camera should float freely during ADS (just as it does with dual-analog controllers) and the cursor should move freely as well (just as it does when ADSing with non-scoped weapons).

I've spent a lot of time sniping and this is the great disadvantage (not exaggerated sway or lack of aim-assist) that wiimoters must contend with.

Level 5

in reply to The_Tickler1

It's done. I apologise for not originally including this on the list, but I was away from the forums when that thread was created and wasn't aware of the issue.

Level 11

in reply to Pwnsweet1

Looks good, but #8 should specify that it refers to scoped weapon behavior specifically.

Awesome.

Level 5

in reply to The_Tickler1

Updated OP to more clearly reflect that the issue occurs with 'any scoped weapon'.

Level 11

Studios