Treyarch, Are you completely ignoring PC gamers?

Call of Duty Black Ops II PC

Treyarch, Are you completely ignoring PC gamers?

Hey, I'm going to start out by saying that I am in no way bashing Treyarch FOR THE GAME, but rather the lack of support for PC. Let me tell you my story.

I bought the game when it came out for PC expecting it to be amazing. Treyarch Devs specifically said during an interview that Black Ops 2 would be getting a complete visual overhaul for PC gamers. You claimed it would run in DX11 and you claimed it would have tons of graphics settings not normally seen in COD games. What I recieved from the store that day was a cheap console repackaged game. I don't know if you decided to say "Heh, screw the PC gamers." Your Anti-Cheat sucks and when someone trys to let you know that it's not working, you take their video down and give them a strike? What the fuck Treyarch!? On top of that, you keep patching Zombies and Multiplayer, but you completely ignore all the people complaining that story mode is unplayable! So far, this game has been nothing but a complete let-down. I loved the story mode up until I cannot pass through the Afghan mission. Your level design is buggy and was obviously not bug tested before release. The horses in the level have no collisions with the ground in a few areas, causing your horse (or main characters) to get trapped and in turn, you have to restart the mission. I've been stuck on the Afghan level since release and not a SINGLE patch has been released for PC story mode (single player). I'm not telling you to abandon Multiplayer and Zombies, but rather get your shit together with the singleplayer campaigne. I do see the game does have enhanced visuals, but you could have done a lot better. You do not use DX11 to it's full potential (only making use of dynamic shadows and lighting). You have Tessallation support for Nvidia cards only, but where is the support for Radeon/AMD cards. I seriously feel like I threw a signal flare and your rescue team (devteam) kept flying. I'm very disappointed in the result of this game and I'm kindly asking you to please read this message and give us PC gamers some love. I know everyone here is feeling like we get left behind all the time. I'm sorry f you do not feel the same way, but if this applies to you, tell me how you feel as well and maybe the Devs will finally actually get some work done on singleplayer.

Thanks,

Carter Reynolds 

(Level Designer and Coder)

Level 1
32 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Treyarch, Are you completely ignoring PC gamers?

in reply to silentdeath631

Lets be honest here, they basicly putted all the files from a xbox disc into a pc disc. And they still f*ck that up by putting the wrong game in the 2nd disc, well done treyarch i thought that there could be a worse developers team then activision. Good job you did it again treyarch team.

Level 9

dude they ignore EVERYONE. They don't give a shit about anyone besides their co workers and money. I don't see the point in having a feedback thing as they probably don't look at it

Level 2

in reply to xRabid45Kx

So glad that people agree with me! I'm EXTREMELY pissed. Treyarch was such a great company before, but now their support sucks. I want my money back >:C

Level 1

well said! im also stuck on same level and as for pc getting any love it sucks we get console portted games and fed lie after lie left with a feeling of ripped of and no confidence in game products anymore! also plese address your anti cheat system,the game is packed with hackers to the point of inability to play a decent fair honest game!

Level 1

in reply to knosis

On top of that, the 'Known Issues" Post hasn't been updated in forever and we have heard NOTHING from them on Twitter. What is Treyarch doing? I want them to reply to this topic with a very good reason to why PC is lagging behind consoles. I would also appreaciate a response from their level developers since all the levels in Multiplayer are just redesigns of Black Ops 1 maps. Building are changed and rearranged in different areas to make it look different.

Level 1

It's been one week.  Take a deep breath...

What have they fixed:

Nuketown back.

Hackers banned within 24-48 hours

Several hotfixes for minor bugs

The larger errors and bugs take time to code and test before release.  You want the fix to work, correct?

Do you all remember the first Black Ops?  It was unplayable for the first two weeks due to server crashes, errors, and bugs.  This game is playable (for most) and needs some "tweaking". 

I agree the graphics are a bit of a let down, but we all knew that they were using the same engine as WaW - what did you expect, really?

I truly believe these guys are trying.  Which is more than I can say about past COD releases.  This is noticable in the items mentioned above.  So, let's put the RedBull down, take a breath, and continue to learn the maps while we wait for updates.

Level 5

in reply to HK_Pickles

Learn the maps u say? i cant even play the game.

Level 1

in reply to HK_Pickles

@Pickles,

I think the biggest injustice here has been the lack of feedback. A few very vague tweets from @PCdev hardly merits the consumers having confidence in these issues being fixed. I understand that issues can take time to troubleshoot and fix, however it is the lack of any legitimate of communication with the community that really has people up in arms. If you told us the problem is acknowledged, and they cant give a timeframe on its fix date, then at least I know something is being done. Never anywhere has it been explicitly detailed or even implied that they are fixing this issue. That is whats frustrating. I can not play a game I bough exclusively for the MP content. Thats irritating

Level 1

in reply to Gobblueth

This.

Level 5

Studios