So how do you actually get in touch with these people?

Call of Duty Black Ops II PC

So how do you actually get in touch with these people?

So far I have been ignored on twitter, the forums and support tickets.

Whether I`m civil or vile does not seem to matter. No response what so ever.

Im not just spewing bile either, I`m asking for help and support.

I have been gaming since C64 was the coolest rig in town, and I have never in my life, in any industry seen such blatant disregard for your own customer base.

Are these guys for real? Have they grown so big they can afford to keep this up?

(Thank GOD i have sold my stock in Activision)

How you can run a business this way in this day and age is for me incomprehensible.

I`m not mad anymore, I`m just shocked  - feel free to release more versions of this 13 year old game and bring on the DLC - I REALLY want to do repeat buiseness with you guys!

PS  - Keep in mind, the guys who made you rich on the PC platform a decade ago, and still play the PC games, now have children and are the decision makers on who gets what for Christmas, birthdays and so on.

There will be console stuff given away, but not anything with a Treyarch, Activision or Infinity Ward logo on it.

Since I can no longer ban the cheaters in your games, I`m banning you.

What do you expect ?

Level 3
23 REPLIES

Re: So how do you actually get in touch with these people?

in reply to RuneRuler1

Relax, they can't possibly respond to every tweet or forum post. 

Just know that they look at every problem report.

Vile threats and posts will be ignored, be sure of that.

Level 21

I have about 15 different attemts so far across 3 channels, and not one response.

Im currently trying to get help via gaming websites and publications - If one of them would pick up and verify its a common problem, it would make sure the effort is put forward to allocate the neccesary staff.

I do think they can afford it, it only seems they choose not to.

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to RuneRuler1

I looked to see if you had any support or game issue threads and I couldn't find any. What exactly is your issue?

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

One of my questions posted to support, and as of yet not answered is:

How do I swap guns with mousewheel, with no access to the dvar weponcycledelay or the ability to bind to a weaponslot:

because the mouse will send several consecutive commands to the game if you move it more then one "notch" which is almost bound to happen.

Thus the game gets 2 weapon swap orders ( or more ) within a fraction of a second, and nothing will happen.

The gunswap animation will just stutter, but no gun will be swapped.

This is an ancient problem in Quake 3 engines, and the Dvar to fix it is called "weaponcycledelay"

This dvar prohibits the engine from processing a command twice within a set time limit, to avoid unintentional duplications of a cmd.

ALTERATIVLY you could bind the mousewheel to weapon slots, as there is no issue swapping rapidly from slot one TO slot one.

SO I could have fixed this myself in 20 seconds IF I could get access to the cfg file.

Now I Have to spend weeks on emails and tickets to explain a basic issue, present in this game and solved for 13 years already.

Thank you for trying foxhound.

Level 3

in reply to RuneRuler1

Basically you don't...

The moment they are aware you are a PC gamer they simply add you to their ignore lists.

They literally don't give a rats *** about PC gamers. Their singular goal is to lessen the appeal of the PC version in order to force people over to Xbox... Once they get PC sales low enough to justify it they will stop releasing CoD on PC, which will make consoles the ONLY way to play...

3 simple facts to always keep in mind.

1) Activision has all sorts of "deals" with Microsoft regarding the Call of Duty franchise.

2) Xbox users MUST PAY Microsoft in order to play CoD multiplayer (the #1 reason to buy any CoD title)

3) The more people Activision get to switch from PC to Xbox, the more money Microsoft is making...

Level 3

in reply to Matchmakingfail1

Matchmakingfails wrote:

Basically you don't...

The moment they are aware you are a PC gamer they simply add you to their ignore lists.

They literally don't give a rats *** about PC gamers. Their singular goal is to lessen the appeal of the PC version in order to force people over to Xbox... Once they get PC sales low enough to justify it they will stop releasing CoD on PC, which will make consoles the ONLY way to play...

1) Activision has all sorts of "deals" with Microsoft regarding the Call of Duty franchise.

2) Xbox users MUST PAY Microsoft in order to play CoD multiplayer (the #1 reason to buy any CoD title)

3) The more people Activision get to switch from PC to Xbox, the more money Microsoft is making...

All false.

Level 21

kawz wrote:

Matchmakingfails wrote:

Basically you don't...

All false.

All false huh?

So it's easy to get in touch with the developers and talk about PC issues then? Oh wait, it's not.

So Activision does not have deals with Microsoft regarding Call of Duty? Oh wait, they do.  (a WELL KNOWN FACT)

So Xbox users do not have to pay a subscription in order to play online? Oh wait, they do (for you to suggest they don't is a joke)

So more people playing on Xbox doesn't equal more money for Microsoft? Oh wait, it does...

I guess I shouldn't be surprised after all. When I made a post saying their "ranked dedicated servers confirmed" comment meant nothing and they'd stick us without admin control or a browser, you said that was all false also...

So Black Ops 2 has rentable dedicated servers with admins? Oh wait, it doesn't.

So Black Ops 2 has a server browser? Oh wait, it doesn't.

Perhaps you shouldn't go around saying everything is "false" since you're only making a fool of yourself.

Level 3

@ kawz, just do a little surch on google m8,i have done it, and you will be surprised by Microsoft and Activision.

Its a comment fact that pc gamers are left out,because the newest games are all console ports.

Good points by RuneRuler & Matchmakingfails.

Level 1

Matchmakingfails wrote:

kawz wrote:

Matchmakingfails wrote:

Basically you don't...

All false.

All false huh?

So it's easy to get in touch with the developers and talk about PC issues then? Oh wait, it's not.

So Activision does not have deals with Microsoft regarding Call of Duty? Oh wait, they do.  (a WELL KNOWN FACT)

So Xbox users do not have to pay a subscription in order to play online? Oh wait, they do (for you to suggest they don't is a joke)

So more people playing on Xbox doesn't equal more money for Microsoft? Oh wait, it does...

I guess I shouldn't be surprised after all. When I made a post saying their "ranked dedicated servers confirmed" comment meant nothing and they'd stick us without admin control or a browser, you said that was all false also...

So Black Ops 2 has rentable dedicated servers with admins? Oh wait, it doesn't.

So Black Ops 2 has a server browser? Oh wait, it doesn't.

Perhaps you shouldn't go around saying everything is "false" since you're only making a fool of yourself.

Some people have been responded to, most haven't.  They can't respond to everyone.  If someone reports an issue they look into it.  If it is really an issue then great!  They don't need to respond to the other 2,000 people who report the same issue.  Not ever going to happen, and who the crap has time for that anyway?  Get over yourself; if they don't respond specifically to "you" it doesn't mean they don't like you.

They have 1 deal with MS that is common knowledge.  You said deal(s).  What are the others?

XBox user's don't "have" to pay squat.  They do because they choose to.  It's not a Activision/Treyarch fee.  It's all MS and has absolutely nothing to do with the game maker, and to complain about it on the game maker's forum is meaningless.  Why don't you go and blame Treyarch that your mechanic messed up the repair on your car next...same thing.

So more people playing on PS3 doesn't equal more money for Sony?  Oh wait it does... you point is null and void.

They never said "Ranked dedicated servers with admins".  They always said "Ranked dedicated servers". 

They never said the game would have a server browser.

They didn't tell anyone any lies.

Nice job adding some additional items though -- i.e. ones that weren't in your original post and the ones I disagreed with.  Looking forward to see where you go/what new things you add next.

Level 21

Studios