PCDevs, lets prevent this...

Call of Duty Black Ops II PC

Re: PCDevs, lets prevent this...

in reply to PDE_PaulKersey

You didn't read his post properly...

Yes MW3 did have dedicated servers, and they were indeed hidden away in the options screen. But as pWn3d said, those servers weren't ranked... You had access to EVERY gun and EVERY skin (I think with exception of gold skin, you'd have to unlock that on matchmaking first (though I could be wrong))

Level 3

in reply to pWn3d11

Sorry for this, i meant the four delta one version. It had rentable servers and still hacks like this. Sorry for the confusion.

Level 9

in reply to Ai-Silentshot

So I checked out this "Four Delta One version" of MW3, and guess what, its not the same, these "rentable servers" are hosted by the PLAYERS, meaning they have the server software... Which leads to the fact that they can memory edit/mod/whatever you can think of. Its the same thing that happens on the console...

HOWEVER, that is not the case in BO2 for the PC, players have no access to the server files, in no shape or form, therefore you can't mod the server (even less so memory edit it).

EDIT:
Except of course if/when these guys decide to modify Black Ops 2 (if the ever do) as well, then the same thing can happen, as it will once again be player hosted servers.

And I find it funny that you actually used an ILLIGAL PLAYER MODIFIED version of Modern Warfare 3 as base to say that my statement was incorrect.

Level 3

in reply to Insoluble1

I bet they don't give a **** about it. Just uninstall the game and let them enjoy Microsofts **** in their mouth! First DLC is out and 18k players a day in peak lol that must be pretty awesome. I bet after a month there will be not more than 8k, literally dead game... SHAME!

Level 3

Studios