Is a consistant gameplay too much to ask for?

Call of Duty Black Ops II PC

Re: Is a consistant gameplay too much to ask for?

in reply to Achchaos

Look, there are certain requirements that should be met in order to play. As of now, there are none. I remember in SOCOM: Confrontation, weak signals got kicked for a very good reason, because they didn't meet the requirements and the game needs to be fair. Your poor excuse that some people can't meet the requirement simply means that either they should get their own lobby or they should not be allowed to play. You wouldn't give a skinny kid steriods just because the other kids were bigger than him, you'd just cut him from the team. It's that simple. Bottom line, what is fair is that everyone should meet requirements or not play at all. End of discussion.

Level 20

in reply to SanAndreasPsych1

Where is it you're finding these magical "requirements" from?

Im looking at the game case right now, and it says "internet connection required", that's it. It says nothing about how great a connection, nor where or how you're supposed to connect to the internet.

This whole discussion started because you said people with bad connections should be punished for that, and while I agree in a pure dedicated server/server browser case, I wanted you to take a look at the situation of matchmaking, however since you're too butthurt by the lag compensation giving you a disadvantage you can't see it from any other point but your own.

This isn't  a game for professionals, there is no such thing as being "cut from the team". Everyone bought this game (while not equal in prize, I'll take a wild guess and say that the time needed to earn the prize of the game in each person's area is, in average, equal) and therefore everyone should get equal treatment.

None the less I won't bother with this anymore, since as I've already said, you can't take your eyes off your own problems and look at the real problem; the fact that Treyarch decided to not give the community the possibility of hosting their own servers, in areas that have meaning to them.

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to Achchaos

It's like you're saying... "No where on the back of the box did it say I couldn't use an lag switch." GTFO.

Level 20

Uhm you are missing the point here bro.

Here is some facts for you,

• BO2 requires on average 6kb/s (3kb up and 3kbdownload) This means that anything faster than dialup is fine and even dialup will work to some extent.

• There is only one data center that anyone could figure out sofar for the ENTIRE F***ING WORLD and its in New Jersey, USA. (I've heard rumors of one in Germany but no one has ever posted evidence)

So how are players in South America/Africa/etc etc supposed to enjoy the game when they get connected to servers outside their countries?

This is why they use the lag comp system, so they can throw in a bunch of players from other countries and then just "normalize" their pings.

The patch said it wont match players with other players out of their country but it sais nothing about matching them to a server IN their country. This just means that if there is 12 players in a game in a server in USA they will all be from Canada/Europe/Mars/Pluto. And there will be massive discrepancies between each players individual pings to the server.

The whole system is a giant bloody lie, we'd honestly be better off with P2P servers, at least then the "server" will be in my own country and not in another country.

Level 4

in reply to lipe1231

lipe123 wrote:

Here is some facts for you,

• BO2 requires on average 6kb/s (3kb up and 3kbdownload) This means that anything faster than dialup is fine and even dialup will work to some extent.

• There is only one data center that anyone could figure out sofar for the ENTIRE F***ING WORLD and its in New Jersey, USA. (I've heard rumors of one in Germany but no one has ever posted evidence)

I just have to point out that your two facts do a PERFECT job of pointing out why this game is such a MASSIVE FAILURE.

Such a low requirement for internet speed is just pathetic, and allows people to get away with massively handicapping their internet in order to get tons of lag compensation. (and thus an advantage)

As far as the servers go, even if they have a 2nd data center in Europe somewhere, 1 data center for the entire US is completely unacceptable. Anyone near the west coast connecting to a server in new jersey is going to cause tons of lag.

In every single FPS game I have played over the years, my favorites lists consisted of servers along the west coast. Seattle, Las Vegas, Salem, LA, etc.  Servers on the east coast (like new jersey) would give me a ping of over 150ms, which is extremely laggy and unplayable.

Level 2

it wont connect YOU!! to another continent

it doesnt PREVENT OTHERs from another continent to join your lobby

so you still being punished with lag-comp for having a beter connection

Level 9

Studios