I am getting SICK of SMGs in this game

Call of Duty Black Ops II PC

Re: I am getting SICK of SMGs in this game

in reply to Aeger

That's not true, after the update assault rifles are the beast now. Smg's are a little bit under powered IMO, I mostly own every smg dudes except the ones who are really good and good players mostly aim down sights even with smg's. Hip firing with laser is a little bit OP right now but I think it's part of the game and that's what makes it different.

Level 4
Highlighted

in reply to Bruhahaa

Bruhahaa wrote:

That's not true, after the update assault rifles are the beast now. Smg's are a little bit under powered IMO, I mostly own every smg dudes except the ones who are really good and good players mostly aim down sights even with smg's. Hip firing with laser is a little bit OP right now but I think it's part of the game and that's what makes it different.

Are you having a debate against yourself? They are underpowered, but they are overpowered to, thats what you're saying.

Well they are overpowered, imo.

Level 9

in reply to Ai-Silentshot

What I'm saying is if you put a laser attachment to smgs it becomes a different gun when hip firing which is about right because attachments are supposed to enhance guns. Any guns, may it assault, shotty, smg, etc, if you put laser, it enhances it's hip firing capabilities and I agree with that as long as it has a laser but its a little bit OP compared to aiming down sight for sure.

Level 4

in reply to Aeger

As an Ex ET player i've never had a problem with firing from the hip and to me that's the natural way to play. Some people say it's unrealistic, but i've never known, nor can I imagine, anyone in a close range fight I:e one side of a room to another, saying"Hang on a minute while I aim down the sights!". Even then, it's a game, realistic doesn't come into it so much, playability does.

That aside, as an ex hip-firing noob, the first thing I did was play all the smg's trying to find something that suited me. I failed. I now play AN-94 for Turbine, Carrier, etc, and consider that my favourite weapon, for small stuff like Drone I go with whatever shotgun i'm closest to finishing the camos for, and now I chuck in a Peacekeeper for something that's a bit of both like Meltdown or Standoff. If the game had only one way to play it would be even more annoying that it is. Adapt is the only way and for arguments sake, if I could only have one weapon, the AN-94 would win it for me every time.

Level 5

in reply to ExET_Molotov

Agree 100%. Aside from the PeaceKeeper I really have no fun whatsoever using SMG's. I'm an AN-94 fan as well. It was my first prestige unlock and I use it more than anything, on any map. Even on Hijacked I don't usually have any trouble whatsoever countering hipfiring SMG weilders. It's the shotties that need the nerf imo, range is way to long on those things and I hate em.

Level 3

in reply to Aces_

Aye, I think the S12 is probably about right for the shotguns as that seems to take a couple of shots to put someone down unless you're right in their face. M1216 would be about the same if it wasn't for the 4 quick shots, but R870 & KSG are both over the top for single-shot kills if the person aims well.

Level 5

in reply to ExET_Molotov

The R870 and the KSG are fine the way they are. If you come across a group of enemies charging you down with SMGs a pump action or semi auto shotgun is not going to save you. I call that balance.

Level 1

in reply to gui_p00n

It depends. I think if one weapon allows you to take out multiple enemies en masse then that ability needs to be restricted to specific situations or it loses balance. If that situation is close range then that's fine, but if its medium to long then I think it's unbalanced in the same way that taking down multiple enemies with AR's at long range with an smg would be unbalanced. Shotgun should be short range and personally I find current ranges to be a tad long. Imho of course

Level 5

in reply to Aeger

There is a simple "fix" for anyone who feels SMG's are overpowered.

Stop playing softcore

In hardcore none of the weapons are overpowered. Using an SMG + laser sight won't give you an advantange over the guy using the pistol, or AR, or LMG.

Every single complaint that has ever surfaced about weapon balance or OP weapons has been a direct result of the insane health and health regen that is in softcore. Having that much health is really game breaking.

Only in softcore can you run around with a knife and get insanely high kdr's and high scorestreaks.

Only in softcore are the SMG's so deadly while other weapons are completely useless.

Only in softcore can you mindlessly run around waiting to get shot at to find your enemy.

Level 6

in reply to d4o2t0

When a game gives you so much frustration like the softcore, I think they need to change that name to hardcore and call the current hardcore a different name( I don't know what but probably realistic game?)

Level 4

Studios