Controllers NEED aim assist.

Call of Duty Black Ops II PC

Re: Controllers NEED aim assist.

in reply to Hansukei

Stop being daft, it needs to be an even playing field obviously and NO that does NOT mean controllers need aim assist. Mouse doesn't get aim assist and controller shouldn't either, if you're bothered about it then don't play with an inferior control system.

And to your bullshit about not having controller support, you're playing with one aren't you? You said yourself campaign has it, zombies has it, the only thing that doesn't have it is multiplayer. The game does NOT only consist of multiplayer and it IS controller supported because you can use one to play, that's the whole definition no? Controller supported doesn't mean aim assist, it means you can use one to play.

I understand it must be frustrating but you're playing it on PC, if you want to play with controller go play on console.

Level 1
Likes: 1
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎20-11-2012

Re: Controllers NEED aim assist.

in reply to Kortz1

I played the wii version of mw3 for of a year  with the classic controller pro. It has no aim assist and it never was there. And its far easier and playable without aim assist, you dont need aim assist to play with a controller.

And by the way, i know how you would like to use a controller with aim assist. But this game is build for the mouse and keyboard, so there is a bit of logic that that works better.

Level 9
Likes: 63
Posts: 448
Registered: ‎27-08-2012

Re: Controllers NEED aim assist.

in reply to Kortz1

Kortz wrote:

Stop being daft, it needs to be an even playing field obviously and NO that does NOT mean controllers need aim assist. Mouse doesn't get aim assist and controller shouldn't either, if you're bothered about it then don't play with an inferior control system.

And to your bullshit about not having controller support, you're playing with one aren't you? You said yourself campaign has it, zombies has it, the only thing that doesn't have it is multiplayer. The game does NOT only consist of multiplayer and it IS controller supported because you can use one to play, that's the whole definition no? Controller supported doesn't mean aim assist, it means you can use one to play.

I understand it must be frustrating but you're playing it on PC, if you want to play with controller go play on console.

^^^^^^^^^^^

100% agree

I have played COD games on both PC and Xbox, my main choice is PC but I play on Xbox when my mates are round as they cannot play using a Keyboard & Mouse.

I have tried it with and without Aim Assist turned on and off, and I find it easier to play the games on the console with it turned OFF.

It was so annoying having it snap my aim to a enemy player when my aim was near them, because I aimed down my sights and it always aimed to the person I didn't want to attack because they were already being attacked.

Aim Assist should not be in any game regardless of if it is on a Console or PC, because it is a cheat!!

Level 25
Likes: 243
Posts: 2083
Registered: ‎21-10-2011

Re: Controllers NEED aim assist.

in reply to Kortz1

These are opinions.  It still doesn't prove how it would inbalance the game or set it off at all.

Level 2
Likes: 6
Posts: 31
Registered: ‎29-06-2012
Highlighted

Re: Controllers NEED aim assist.

in reply to Hansukei

It does actually, if the mouse doesnt have aim assist and the controller does, the controller will be faster ( if you have two average players of the same skill level against each other )

Level 9
Likes: 63
Posts: 448
Registered: ‎27-08-2012

Re: Controllers NEED aim assist.

in reply to Hansukei

Hansukei wrote:

These are opinions.  It still doesn't prove how it would inbalance the game or set it off at all.

It does make the game unbalanced in terms of controls because, the aim assist counters the dead zones on the controller which is why Console gamers complain about not having in games.

FFA will be used for this example.

If Player A is using a Controller with Aim Assist, they snap directly on to the nearest enemy to where the crosshair is when they ADS, and the Aim Assist also keeps the sights on that player if they move.

If Player B also wants to aim at that player, but is using a mouse it will take longer for them to aim on that player and they also have to account for the movement of that player.

Now in that situation the player with the controller has a massive advantage over the person using a  mouse.

Now when you flip it to a controller user and a mouse user shooting at each other again, the Aim Assist will keep the lock on the player, but the mouse player has to adjust for the movement.

Now tell me how it's fair to give people who choose to use a inferior input method a distinct advantage over people who are not using, the same input method.

Aim Assist is a CHEAT and should not be included in any games, on the pc because it gives people a advantage over other players.

Level 25
Likes: 243
Posts: 2083
Registered: ‎21-10-2011

Re: Controllers NEED aim assist.

in reply to wierd worlds are these

Basically it's like this. Gamer A uses a controller and plays with aim assist = NO SKILL

Player B uses a Mouse with no aim assist = Skilled like a BOSS

Level 5
Likes: 19
Posts: 127
Registered: ‎25-10-2012

Re: Controllers NEED aim assist.

in reply to Hansukei

This is the most pointless thread going, and is getting way too much attention.

PS - your controller works - thus it is supported.  Want more accuracy???  Get a mouse.

Level 5
Likes: 30
Posts: 156
Registered: ‎31-08-2012

Re: Controllers NEED aim assist.

in reply to HK_Pickles

HK_Pickles wrote:

This is the most pointless thread going, and is getting way too much attention.

PS - your controller works - thus it is supported.  Want more accuracy???  Get a mouse.

^^^ This

Level 25
Likes: 243
Posts: 2083
Registered: ‎21-10-2011

Re: Controllers NEED aim assist.

in reply to Hansukei

Hansukei wrote:

We are rather disapointed that it is next to impossible with the controller.  Not impossible but next to impossible.  I see this as a major bug and a major downfall.  If this doesn't work myself, my girlfriend, and many other controller users most likely will never buy an other COD title on the PC.

Its not impossible (or next to impossible) to play Black Ops 2 with a controller. You do not need aim-assist to be sucessfull in the PC version with a controller. Actually I wish aim-assist would be removed from the console versions so that great controller players could stand out. I'm a FPS PC player of 15 years, I absolutely hated the controller when it came to FPS shooters but finally caved in 8 months ago due to so many family and friends owning an XBOX for COD or BF3. Nothing will ever beat the freedom of a kb/m setup but now I don't mind the controller so much. I see it as a challenge and just recently started using it against fellow PC players in BLOPs 2. Have a look:

RoKBoTs - Black Ops II PC: Using an XBox 360 Controller (Sensitivity 9)


Level 1
Likes: 1
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎21-05-2012

Studios