Can't play, absurd lag after patch

Call of Duty Black Ops II PC

Can't play, absurd lag after patch

Okay, i've played enought BO2 to know that the servers are far to be the best ones. Lags, connection interrupted, disconnected from the servers, lag compensation, these are 'normal' problems that we all have in common.

BUT, after yesterday's patch, i'm with a TERRIBLE lag, which even makes all my internet collapse. I can play every game fine, but if i open up BO2 MP, all my programs connected to the internet (such as Skype, Team Speak, even MetroTwit) lose their connection, and it last until i close BO2 MP.

Funny thing is that this happen only when we have free weekend, when i could spend my time leveling since most of the people that are playing don't know how to play.

I'm 100% sure that Treyarch will NOT fix it soon. When we had our first 2x exp, my game (and other users too) was crashing and i didn't received a single feedback from Treyarch or pcdev.

I know i'm not the only one with this problem, but i wanted to create a discussion anyway.

Thank you Treyarch, for messing up with players. AGAIN. Keep acting dumb about your problems, you're closer to become a new Infinity Ward.

@edit

Here's a video showing everything

Level 1
6 REPLIES

Re: Can't play, absurd lag after patch

in reply to HerohGamer

Same thing happening here. I first noticed that whenever I am in the game lobby I was getting disconnected from Mumble, Vent, Skype and Steam.

I began monitoring my connection's and my ping in Ventrillo would shoot up to 30k, it only happens in the lobby. When im in game or not even playing Black Ops 2 it is fine.

Level 1

in reply to defcoN111

Yes. I don't know what te heck is wront with the servers, but if i open up the game my whole internet lags. I'm so pissed that this is hapenning during Free Weekend.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to HerohGamer

Same effect here, i take all the internet speed and sometimes even connection from all the people in my house and even the programs on my own laptop.

I heard about some coding mistakes, making black ops 2 taking 6x more internet speed needed.Hope to see a fast fix, would be amazing and it would show that they care about us pc players...a little.

Level 9

in reply to Ai-Silentshot

Someone basically confirmed it in  this thread:

http://community.callofduty.com/message/414125786#414125786

Level 1

in reply to defcoN111

Same here, the game is now almost uplayable!!!! #patchthepatch

Level 1

in reply to HerohGamer

I'm just wondering if they will fix it before Free Weekend ends. I'm pretty sure they will not, but who knows...

Level 1

Studios