Black ops 2 PC - All problems for the PC version of the game, please show support.

Call of Duty Black Ops II PC

Re: Black ops 2 PC - All problems for the PC version of the game, please show support.

in reply to WinterPwnd

Finally managed to edit my post, added some scerenshot proof to the ones that don't know how it affects the player himself.

Level 2

Re: Black ops 2 PC - All problems for the PC version of the game, please show support.

in reply to WinterPwnd

you are absolutely right in your post.. but if you are an old COD fan, then you would know for sure, it all stems from not having our own official dedicated servers.. when COD2 was released, I had a list of servers i could go play in.. and the server list, neatly compiled where the closest servers and furthest ones were.. So, it was my choice, if i wanted to play with 100 ping, or 30 ping. If i didn't happen to like said server, i would leave and find another one. And if i really couldn't find one, I could happily rent my own server! When COD4 (modern warfare 1) was finally released. we got the same thing..

In the era of Cod2 and Cod4, players were more respectable, no name calling, no racial slurs. Most players were on their best behaviors, for the simple fact that they didn't want to be banned from their favorite servers by the admins. and the admins, didn;t just ban because they could, they wanted people in their server! it was great..  the community would make mods. and custom maps.. and we never had to pay for it. when COD4 and COD5 went to consoles, they paid for their maps. they were happy, PC people were happy.

Now I can understand from a business point of view, of wanting to maximize your profits.. i get it. But was there really a need to take away our dedicated servers? PC players are the most savvy, smart guys out there, and if they want, they will and can find ways around what you guys don't want us doing.. for example..  The MW2 and MW3 admin tool that let you kick people off your router.. or the jump servers that people started making. My point is, just leave the PC players to play the game how they want.. Call of Duty made a name for its self on PC, not consoles. Whats wrong with giving PC players the perk of being able to, at the very least, host their own servers.. You guys already cater to Microsoft.. Whats to say that you can't just give Microsoft exclusives, we wait a month for new content after its been released on consoles anyways... give us the ability to mod and customize and play the game how we want.  If someone wants to join a server where they have everything unlocked,, LET 'EM! who cares.. they paid you for the game. 60 dollars! keep giving microsoft exclusives if u want.. sell them the new maps you create, don't give em to PC.. and let the PC community get their custom modding back.. its a win/win. You guys have already made a ridiculous amount of money..Don't you think it's about time, you give us back what we've been so desperately asking for, for the last 5 years!

the bottom line is.. We love the COD franchise.. but we don't get love back. And the PC community is waiting for the next best thing to come along, so we can finally say good riddance to the COD franchise on PC.

I own every single COD you guys have released since COD2.. but I am really hoping that Titanfall, ends up being CODS demise on PC. - We are tired of supporting your game and not being heard.. i would gladly let consoles have CoD, if we could get another game that was as great as COD2 and COD4 was..  that is all, good day sir.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to WinterPwnd

This game is a port. 100% of the stuff you mentioned is identical to Xbox and PS3. These are not "PC problems" so much as "BOII opinions." Netcode is identical on all platforms. The whole "lag comp" complaint started on 360 and migrated here. I have actually played a lot of 360 and it hits WAY worse because of no dedicated servers.

"All those "mini patches' that we get like every week that tweak or "balance" the game.**"

Those are updates to playlists like a new GOTW, MOTD or changes to XP for double XP/2x wep XP weekends. I know because PCDev_Assist announces exactly what they do every time. They are not patches. All changes to game balance appear in patch notes stickied in this forum:Black Ops 2 PC Updates and PCDev has said as much more than once. They have only messed with SMGs two or three times that I recall and only one of those times really caused a noticeable change. Also those changes match identically with 360, go read their patch notes. If you don't like the changes go tweet vondahaur (sp)? along with the other 10 million xbox players.

Level 10

in reply to Obmar

I haven't seen any problems close to theese on my xbox, I get instant hitamrkers, no death after cover, only in some occasions but its REALLY rare. How come my xbox not lag and my PC does when my PC is really fast?

Level 2

in reply to WinterPwnd

There are fewer players on PC which means more will have high ping which means you will notice lag when shooting or getting shot by them. In addition it means players outside the US are on average farther from the host causing higher ping. For a true test compare reg when both players have identical pings on PC vs 360.

Level 10

in reply to Obmar

Dude, my connection is 100 up 10 down, i get pretty much the same ping on both consoles everytime, fewer players does NOT justify the lag considering we have official dedicated servers. Also, there are plenty of people playing on PC in Europe so the USA thing is invalid.

Level 2

in reply to WinterPwnd

I agree with you! like today when I was playing Hardcore I saw one guy running and I fired at him and the other guy was like away in the corner and he didn't saw me! but actually when I went to theater " they were both running towards me and I killed them while I was firing I had connection interrupted" now this is bull*** even so I killed them but they were somewhere else!

and for the connection one of my friend did this.

1. He got mad.

2. he went and got Xbox 360.

3. first played the game on PC his ping is 90-100

4. he played on his Xbox 360 on the same connection that gave him 90-100 guess what in Xbox he got 20-30 ping -_-

now most of the moderators here when they see this they will just ignore and "*** YOU" but when someone got really banned for no reason but you got a crap system you show yourself. hey we don't unban you. people actually paid money for you to do your damn job you know ? god I wish I was in America! so I can chase the hell outta of you and put my foot up your ass! and go ahead delete my account thinks that makes you strong xD

and I'm done

Level 2

in reply to WinterPwnd

Bump.

Level 2

in reply to WinterPwnd

I left this game since May, I came back today to get the cards. I finally saw my connection run like it should, I.E. not being shovelled to the ground with 200-300ms ping that made me rubber-band, and whenever I rubber-banded I ended up dead, about a meter or two behind from where I was, or blatantly getting killed before the guys even showed up on my screen.

Now I'm at an oscillating 40-60ms ping, but I tend to get killed almost absurdly by everyone with 100+ms ping too often. I don't know how many times I got 6-7 hit-markers with the Scar-H at medium range on a guy not even behind cover. Or worse my shots showing up late if ever on kill cam. The case where I died around corners was minimal, but hit registration was way off.

Level 3

Studios