Black Ops 2 doesn't work properly on laptop

Call of Duty Black Ops II PC

Re: Black Ops 2 doesn't work properly on laptop

in reply to GoofyGoober37

I think there are some problems with the Mobile Graphic cards because me and my brother are having problems running the game (MAX 50 FPS) and our laptops are quite good running mw3 in extra quality.

I hope some reply from the developers or some patch soon.

Thank you.

Level 1

in reply to kerbe

Well 18 hours already past and they didn't even leave a reply, not mentioning a patch that can fix everything.

Level 1

Well... 1000 views and no solution to the problem and still no replies or patches from the developers.

In steam i have already 2 hours of play time and all this I spend on just launching the game over and over and looking and loadscreens...

p.s. I hope the developers get AID S...

Level 1

Me too... 2 hours and I couldnt even see an online game.

That's sad.

Level 1

in reply to medeixajogar

The most awful thing is that the game costs like 15-20% more than other new released games.

God, I am so angry!!!

I can't even get to the support chat! There are too many people!!! Need to wait hours to get to chat with the support!

This week is ruined for me! The problem is not in the game itself, but in the money I spend to buy it. I would rather throц the 60$ away in a window than buy this piece of rage and dissapointment(

Level 1

Hey bud, i couldnt help to noticed your frustration so i though id drop in and help. Please keep in mind the following, you will need patience (welcome to PCs), an open mind and be willing to investigate.

1st of all --- Have you ensure that the latest chipset drivers are installed for your mobile chipset?

2nd --- Some chipsets come with integrated display capabilities, meaning that when you launch your game, it might be switching to your internal GPU instead of using the Mobile GPU that is currently installed on the device. This will cause the game to under-perform due to the lack of GPU power >>> Investigate to see if this is happening and confirm that it is infact using the non-integrated GPU.

3rd --- if 2nd doesnt apply and it is infact using your graphics card instead of integrated, then uninstall drivers and allow windows to boot with In-box drivers (drivers delivered via Windows update). Start there and see if things work better, if not, slowly start climbing up on version (if applicable).

If you still have issues, please reply back with a DxDiag post (only up to display info) and with a short description of the performance log of both CPU and Memory workload during COD gameplay.

Cheers!

Level 1

in reply to SupremeCommande11

Oh, Thanks! At least one person is trying to help.

My specs are

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHzRAM 6GBGeForce GT 555M

How do I check which GPU is ussed during the game?

Level 1

Alt+Tab to desktop or Winkey+D. Task manager Ctrl+Shift+Esc >> go to the performance tab and observe workload.

Level 1

in reply to SupremeCommande11

I got into the performance tab, what now? Where should I look up the GPU?

Level 1

you wont get a GPU readin, just a % of workload and how much memory is using vs what you have available.

Also, i am not familiar with your current set up as is something i dont come across often here, but i do know that some of the Intel's Graphic settings have an option to disable the priority of GPU use.

For example,

Setting: "If Laptop is not connected to power source" _ "Switch to integrated GPU"
Solution: You disable the option to ensure that the system is not doing this due to powersavings. This is common on laptops. You want to ensure your PCI card is being used instead.

Level 1

Studios