Black Ops 2 Multiplayer (PC) doesn't start after changing graphic settings?!

Call of Duty Black Ops II PC

Black Ops 2 Multiplayer (PC) doesn't start after changing graphic settings?!

Hello,

A few weeks ago I was looking for the best graphics settings at my PC for black ops 2 multiplayer, but I don't know what I did fault, but when I pressed 'Apply', everything was black: Error.

Since that moment I can't start Black Ops 2: Multiplayer, it says 'Black Ops 2 MP is not responding (But than in Dutch).

How can i fix this, i have to restore the settings (graphics) i think(?), but how can i do that when i can't launch Black Ops 2..?

(Black Ops 2 Singleplayer and Zombies are working!).

Level 1
7 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Black Ops 2 Multiplayer (PC) doesn't start after changing graphic settings?!

in reply to Roydej-NL

The following fixes most problems, start with a GCF and if that fails Reinstall the game.

In most situations or problems running the game first start with Game Cache Integrity (GCF) scan which resolves most issues. Next, if Steam is crashing then reinstall Steam, if the game is crashing reinstall the game, and verify that your PC meets or exceeds the minimum requirements.

• Game Cache Files (GCF) procedure for Call or Duty: Black Ops II (Multiplayer and Campaign).
    • Test if the problem(s) persist, if needed try the following:
  • Reinstall Steam* (note Exceptions) - How to reinstall Steam procedure
    • *You must have your Steam logon and password handy, the procedure deletes auto-logon information.
  • Reinstall Game - see Delete Local Content then from the same screen reinstall the game.
  • Minimum PC requirements - Requirement lists
    • note iGPU's are not recommend and have known issues (PC and Notebooks)
    • in certain cases if problems began after updating your GPU drivers, rolling back (reinstall an older driver) your GPU drivers to a prior version can often solve GPU related issues.
Level 28

Re: Black Ops 2 Multiplayer (PC) doesn't start after changing graphic settings?!

in reply to Momba1

Already tried all of that things! But won´t work for me.

The weird thing is that zombies and campaign are working normally, and multiplayer since release in november 2012 too..

Level 1

in reply to Roydej-NL

Delete the file called "hardware_mp.chp".

This will reset all the settings to default.

Level 4

Thank you, Pist!!
This have fixed my problem!

Level 1

in reply to Roydej-NL

Does anyone know why black ops 2 freezes my entire pc when i open it my pc is way over the requirements wins8 btw

Level 1

in reply to GrippyZippy

GrippyZippy wrote:

wins8 btw

^ Probably the OS - Call of Duty®: Black Ops II on Steam only Windows Vista SP2 and 7 are listed as officially supported. Even Ghosts on Windows 8 or 8.1 is buggy and often unstable.

Level 28

in reply to GrippyZippy

Its Because Treyarch is spending more time on PS3 Other than Using Some other time trying to patch PC problems.

Level 1

Studios