Black Ops 2 Long Loading Times [PC]

Call of Duty Black Ops II PC

Highlighted

Re: Black Ops 2 Long Loading Times [PC]

in reply to vexzite

vexzite wrote:

What is wrong with having an AMD

Ever since Call Of Duty World At War anyone running a machine with AMD/ATI graphics cards have always had slower loading times than those who run Nvidia graphics cards.

The issue is made worse when you run a AMD cpu with a AMD/ATI graphics card.

Those people who have Intel cpu's and Nvidia graphics cards are always going to be in the game faster than those who do not.

Whether or not it is the game or drivers I don't know but it's always the same, with these threads when people complain of slow loading times because they are always started by someone running a AMD/ATI graphics card.

Level 25

in reply to wierd worlds are these

sure your point is valid and is a known issue

then again there was absolutely  nothing wrong with my loading-times on BO2 before the first patch

in fact they where almost instant and saw the countdown going from 15sec

after patch im "waiting for textures" and going ingame a few seconds after countdown

Level 9

Also, (conspiracy theory) we all know how well Activision get on with Microsoft and Nvidea! Hmmmm

Level 6

Ok so if I upgrade my Cpu to an i5 Cpu will the problem be fixed or does it have to be an nvidia gpu as well

Level 1

in reply to vexzite

I have an i7 980, a Nvidia Geforce GTX 670, and a Corsair Force GT 120gb SSD for windows/program installs, and a 30mb down/2mb up connection, and i still get put into the game after everyone else most of the time. like, they've already capped our flag and are running to b on domination. still haven't figured it out.

Level 1

in reply to vexzite

Happens and there's no fix; your PC is fine. It use to frustrate and freak me out so I'd go through the routine of Cache Integrity Verification and checking (SFC) my drives. It's the game and game state with yourself and the other players.

Often this happens if I constantly drop out of one lobby and get thrown into another.

i7-3930K, 32GB, SSD, SLI, FiOS 50/30 Mbps, etc

Level 28

in reply to vexzite

Make sure the BIOS for your FX processor are up to date, that should make your current setup run faster.

Level 1

in reply to vexzite

Ok well I did upgrade my BIOS and I think I've tried everything else. So, do I just have to live with live it, which isn't to big of a deal, or is there still a way to fix it.

Level 1

in reply to vexzite

AMD just takes longer to load than nvidia on this game, there isn't much you can do besides switch to nvidia.

Level 10

in reply to Obmar

Well like Heathh says he has an GTX 670 with an i7 and encounters this problem as well

Level 1

Studios