Usernames with lots of Xs and Zs in them

Call of Duty Black Ops II Off Topic

Usernames with lots of Xs and Zs in them

Maybe I'm getting old but can someone please explain why there are so many people, particularly people who enjoy quickscoping and sniping, that have lots of Xs and Zs in their name, such as xXsnipeZzx or xOoZzx or xOpTiCzx (these I just made up). Is there a popular YouTuber with a similar name (xJawz?) Is it something kids do to pad their name out?

It's ubiquitous. I'm not moaning about it, I just don't understand it.

Level 1
11 REPLIES

Re: Usernames with lots of Xs and Zs in them

in reply to driftin

It's "cool" I guess. Don't get it either. Just like numbers for letters.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaSS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
Level 60

in reply to dtuchpunk

Or alternating caps and lowercase. All those things make no sense to me, either.

Level 2

in reply to dtuchpunk
It's "cool" I guess. Don't get it either. Just like numbers for letters.

Numbers for letters is considered a "Hacker" Language. You can check it out by changing your google languages to hacker or h4ck3r. As for why the X's and Z's I'm not really sure because everybody has different reason's for doing it wether it's a clan requirement, or they think it looks "Cool". Don't quote me on this but I think some or most of the quickscope montagers do have names like that, so that probably is the reason. lol when i see names like that I don't even read them, I just refer to them as "Kid" in gamechat.

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to driftin

driftin wrote:

Maybe I'm getting old but can someone please explain why there are so many people, particularly people who enjoy quickscoping and sniping, that have lots of Xs and Zs in their name, such as xXsnipeZzx or xOoZzx or xOpTiCzx (these I just made up). Is there a popular YouTuber with a similar name (xJawz?) Is it something kids do to pad their name out?

It's ubiquitous. I'm not moaning about it, I just don't understand it.

Probably a cult.  Most people with those usernames I've played with ended up running akimbo FMGs in MW3.  No sniping and no quickscoping.

Level 31

in reply to driftin

on't know. But I don't appreciate dtuchpunk's dislike of L33t speak.

Level 14

in reply to Pyric

sometimes people do this when the name they want is taken.

Level 10

in reply to driftin

Because it looks cool i guess.

Level 2

in reply to A7X-RUSH

Added eroneous letters and sometimes numbers are prepend/appended to usernames to make it easier for you to target these people as their red (or orange in colorblind mode) gameretag is easier to see.

These same people are commonly found running gun "camos" which actually extentuate the findability of their character.  Typically running either a bright gold or diamond camo.

myn
Level 3

Excuse me I'm getting gold on guns and have no x's or z's in my name. It's helping me level up and keeping the game challenging at the same time. I'm not sure what kind of character that gives me but I'm still learning at 34.

Level 16

Studios