Upcoming Xbox 720 will have 50GB Bluray discs, will not suport second hand games and more info!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Off Topic

Re: Upcoming Xbox 720 will have 50GB Bluray discs, will not suport second hand games and more info!

in reply to DR65DR1

Yes, but it's the method they use that will determine the problem. If I can loan a game to my friend, then I'm okay with it. If not, I don't buy their system.

Level 3

Re: Upcoming Xbox 720 will have 50GB Bluray discs, will not suport second hand games and more info!

in reply to Troopah11

The rumours all come from highly respected UK games magazine, Edge. They get it right more often than they get it wrong and are a far more "high brow" games mag than most US readers will be used to. No offence intended, believe me: I used to work for EGM

The other news from Edge is:

Our source has also confirmed that the next Xbox’s recently rumoured specs are entirely accurate. That means an AMD eight-core x64 1.6GHz CPU, a D3D11.x 800MHz graphics solution and 8GB of DDR3 RAM. As of now, the console’s hard drive capacity is said to be undecided, but Microsoft’s extended commitment to online delivery suggests that it will be the largest unit it has put inside a console to date.

Level 10

in reply to Troopah11

I personally think discs are over. We will be playing on nothing other than a Bluray DVD player that has a streaming app similar to Netflix. We will pay a monthly fee or yearly fee. This way people can't copy games or what ever they're doing these days. No more having to pre-order games or rush to the store to get them.

Level 2

in reply to Buzzb8

Physical media will be with us until every target market has at least 80% penetration of cable or fibre optic internet.

It took me three and a half hours to download the Season Pass DLC. That was 1.68Gb and I have a a 3.5Mb line. Given how bad connection is generally in the UK and a huge swathe of the US, it's hugely unlikely any boardroom with an ounce of brains will go download-only for games.

It would be financial suicide.

OnLive pretty much proved that the world wasn't ready for non-physical media.

Level 10
Highlighted

in reply to Troopah11

Off topic and there is no point really in posting rumors like this. Microsoft has released so few details that most things at this point are just guesses.

Level 43

in reply to Troopah11

Can't wait, hopefully they stop making games that run at 30 frames too.

Level 27

in reply to Troopah11

Troopah wrote:

We have new news on the Xbox 720.

1. The upcoming console will not support second hand games, all games will have a activation key.

EU law might have something to say about point 1.

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

PC do it already...it wasn't received well to begin with but now most are pretty happy with it.

Level 8

in reply to CableGuy1

It is a little different with PC though because those games require installation.

Level 43

in reply to Rednecksniper39

Rednecksniper39 wrote:

It is a little different with PC though because those games require installation.

True, but if second hand games aren't permitted it means more money for the developers....As it stands at the moment. if someone trades in a game, the developers don't see a penny of the re-sale...

It's a money orientated business and this could make the developers shed loads more, which in return will hopefully mean a superior product.

Level 8

Studios