Did Black Ops 2 will Influence in MW4?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Off Topic

Re: Did Black Ops 2 will Influence in MW4?

in reply to codchamp1

codchamp wrote:

LOL actually Treyarch adopted IW's scorestreak system. The only thing was they condesed it into one tier instead of having two tiers.

I wouldnt say they adopted IW's scorestreak system but rather took their idea of changing the way you obtain scroestreaks and made it better by setting values to everything you do. IW made everything worth a point across the board.

Level 16

in reply to AZSASIN

I just wish they would share each other's innovations! Each year multiplayer takes two steps forward and one step back. Can these two companies just unite and bring us an even better game each year? At this point IW and 3arc create two similar games and just slap the Call of Duty name on them, yes they have adopted some things from each other but if they actually worked closer together I think it would only benefit us all imo.

Level 27

in reply to Restore_Hardcore

Yep.  They copy stuff from other games more than sharing their own.

Level 31

in reply to AZSASIN

I would just like to see IW come up with a good idea, something they haven't done since COD4.

Level 25

in reply to NoLifeKing29

Lol they did come up with emblems and calling cards though, at least that's something haha But I bet they introduce player customization (to the actual character, like glasses, helmets, etc.) this time around as a big selling point. If not then smh lol Treyarch would probably do it, and do it better if IW didnt

Level 18

Ya I'd love to see emblems in MW4!

Level 27

I really dont give a damn about cosmetics.

Level 25

in reply to NoLifeKing29

I would like to see IW come up with a good idea and go back to the same (cod4). Give us a little less this year in terms of streaks, perks, cammos, add ons etc. Give us a back to basics, rip them up, solid super connection shooter.

Level 38

in reply to AZSASIN

I am always kind of stunned each year by each Studio's lack of interest or ability to learn from the successes and failures of the previous title. I know that they are in development concurrently and MW4(if that is the title of course) was well underway when BO2 was released... but I would think you would use the previous game almost as a Beta for your own.

Take this game for example. I love the new Pick 10 system and I hope future games use some variety of it, however one has to wonder why Treyarch didn't fold Streaks into the classes like MW3 did. While the support packages received mixed responses mostly due to their content(Support not being a true "support" class for example), I think it was one of the rare times when the entire CoD community agreed on something in that they loved having the ability to assign different streaks to different classes.

We are seeing other Series start to catch up. CoD is still the most fun and replayable on the market, but I fear they will make the mistake of forgetting that they, too, need to continue to improve and innovate to keep this community happy. AC III, for example, included Naval sequences that received high praise from most. I don't think its surprising, then, that the next version announced that the Naval component is going to be a focus point of the next game. They tried something new in small, controlled doses in a predecessor, saw where it succeeded and failed, and confirmed they can build a game around it before announcing it to the world.

I think that the future of this series rests heavily on the next entry. With the Next Gen of consoles being released, they have to step up their game. While I personally want to see innovation and not just more of the same in the next title, I also want them to maintain the CoD feel that makes me enjoy the game so much. I do hope they use this game, as well as past titles in the series, to help determine the direction of future titles.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Well said, they should have a poll like the Mass Effect devs do to ask the players what they want in the next game. I'm not sure if they have a place where they actually poll the community as to what we want to see. Just a few key features, they can find out what we liked and didn't like so they would know what to improve on, what to take out, and what to leave alone.

Level 27

Studios