Call of Duty 2013 "Spending Reward System" (long read)

Call of Duty Black Ops II Off Topic

Re: Call of Duty 2013 "Spending Reward System" (long read)

in reply to RuggedSavior

I don't think it is a completely fair system, otherwise.  If you die you should take a point deduction.  End of story.

Level 16

in reply to RallyOrDie

But why should death reduce points?  The only thing it should prevent, is aqcuiring more points via skill based objective actions.

If death is a constant action that takes place in TDM, then the result is less or no points gained.  Reducing points for any death would result in more camping and avoiding objectives.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52

in reply to RuggedSavior

This basically a support killstreak system.  Support killstreaks were dreadful.

Level 16

in reply to RallyOrDie

Support via Point Streaks reward you for objectives, but each kill also adds points, which allowed people to avoid objectives and still earn support rewards. 

As mentioned before, this is not a welfare support strike package idea.  Sure the points don't reset, but simple kills don't add points in EVERY mode. 

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52

in reply to RuggedSavior

Interesting ideas,but overly complicated.

The scorestreak system seems to be working just fine as it is. One of the better systems, in my opinion. Not perfect, but I like that it finally recognizes people for more than just kills.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I think the current scorestreak system is not flawed at all.  It actually works quite well.  I think it much better than the Support Pointstreaks from MW3.

Level 16
Highlighted

in reply to RallyOrDie

It is flawed.  Objective players, the ones who are in harm's way the most to win the match, are offered nothing, while the slayers who avoided objectives earn everything.

The Scorestreak system may add points for objectives, but it's ultimately rewarding the player who avoids death--regardless of whether or not they helped the team with objectives.

Identifying the player who deserved the rewards the most is NOT what the Scorestreak system does.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52

in reply to RuggedSavior

Thread moved to the appropriate sub-forum.

in reply to RuggedSavior

You and I HAVE to team up, because I've had this idea listed for more than 2 years already...I just never felt it was the time to bring it up. But after Black Ops 2 and its Scorestreak system, I agree that this system is for the best to talk about now, even if the idea is taken from Homefront. We need to keep in contact. I can see us both generating great ideas for this concept. Also, I have an alternative idea, but it's like a step backwards from this system.

Level 3

Studios