Black Ops 2 vs Ghosts...

Call of Duty Black Ops II Off Topic

Black Ops 2 vs Ghosts...

So as Black Ops 2 begins to edge back into our dusty gaming cupboards, maybe to reapear on retro night, I need to ask myself and you guys...How did it really stand up against the all time greats?

For me, despite no hard core freeforall, and no ability to get dogs for two kills in a fun custom match, it really was up there with the best of em and heres why...

I loved the maps, I love the amount of opportunity to grab a vantage point overlooking streets and open areas, sorely missing on a majority of the maps from mw3. They reminded me of a cod 4 style if only a little smaller. Lots of colour and eye candy too.

I love the robots. To fill the pitch with AI set to recruit and a few human players last thing at night when most of my friends had gone to bed was a real blast and because robots were set to easy you could rack up the streaks. Great fun!

If there was room for imorovement...more customisation with killstreaks. hc freeforall. an all new small map (hijacked wasnt that small) and robots set to recruit that dont act like veteren!!!

Ghosts....well im worried that the maps will be too big, the player count too big and the gameplay too complicated and cluttered, just a feeling. This will be too pc and against what we all love about cod...Fast paced fun!!!

Level 16
18 REPLIES

Re: Black Ops 2 vs Ghosts...

in reply to RUSTY GUN

I will put blops 2 away and not bring it back out. I would rather bring blops 1 out and give it a play before the steaming pile of poo that is blops 2.

I will be pulling away from COD in favor of BF4. I would rather give them my money at this point.

I will however rent Ghosts before I buy it. No more blindly throwing money at activison.

Level 9

in reply to blarkw

Desitiny for me, maybe titansfall and maybe bf4, might give the new Halo a try too. Then again KI looks like it will be fun and Forza just looks amazing. Not really impressed with the way Ghosts looks or how it will play.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

trialstardragon wrote:

Desitiny for me, maybe titansfall and maybe bf4,

I'm also with Destiny and to my surprise titanfall as well....Map size and type shall determine whether or not I'll get Ghosts, I don't mind a few small maps but if it's anything like Blops 2's quality of maps, I'll be giving it a miss.

Level 18

in reply to RUSTY GUN

Anything Ghost related at the moment is purely speculation.

Level 29

in reply to RUSTY GUN

Hey, what are you saying? MW2 and prior had "big" maps that weren't arena-styled and they all were better than what we've been getting as of late. These maps were well designed and looked like real places with plenty of stealth involved, without barriers everywhere and bad graphics (BO 1 & 2, mostly 2)

Level 6

in reply to ModernWelfare

Modernwelfare I wasnt complaining about mw2 and prior. I loved those maps, they were alk my favourite. Well apart from a few boring ones from mw2. But lets face it mw2 did bring back a load from cod 4 anyway!

I think a lot of the best maps were arena style if you really looked at them closely. Crash for instance where the main action happened was the two buildings with high vantage points overlooking the street. Similar scenarios existed for many clasdic favourites encouraging fun gameplay that made you think.

Level 16

in reply to RUSTY GUN

it was my favorite cod, however, this is also the 5th cod i've been on and the "magic" of cod is gone, and has been for awhile.

i'm excited for titanfall and the next gen games. I'm unsure if I will buy ghosts as I have been playing the series for so long. I want somehting new.

Level 18

in reply to RUSTY GUN

I love Black Ops 2. The smaller maps, run-n-gun ways of Black Ops 2 are awesome. The Ghost perk in Black Ops 2 is BRILLIANT!! If you're not moving and you're not taking the risk, then you don't deserve to be hidden from the UAV.

I'm not a fan of snipers, so I like that hardscopers aren't protected from UAV. Quickscopers don't have fast ADS, so that made it fine with me. Despite what some claim, quickscoping is NOT easy, so I rarely run into beast quickscopers that can make a match frustrating.

Pick 10 system is really cool.

The Time To Kill is just right. No built in stopping power like MW3 which gives you "Instakills." A more skilled player still has time to beat a lesser player in Black Ops 2, even if the lesser player got the drop on him; This is key.

Level 21

in reply to r8edtripx

Ghost is horrible and makes no sense in blops 2. Moving around should give yer position away, holding still would make you more invisible......OH WAIT....this is the same game that has inflatables as bullet stops.

Blops 2 is a mockery of the former seriers. imo.

A new game should be better then the pervious, not the other way around.

BF4 and titanfall will be the new games for me. I've even started playing BF3 due to the blandness that has become blops 2.

Level 9

Studios