Battlefield 4

Call of Duty Black Ops II Off Topic

Re: Battlefield 4

in reply to IndianaSamurai

the game engine is also crytek 3, which is far better than the mw2/3 & bo1/2 engine.

Just wait for their new engine and you'll be just as impressed.

I wish COD would use Unreal engine 4, that would be amazing.

Level 18

I wonder how bad people would get flamed if we went to the BF forums and posted about how awesome MW4 or any COD game is...C'mon people this is for COD keep it on topic.....

Level 9

in reply to wtcwarrior

Well, if I liked any of the battlefields I would be over on their forums and when a new COD came out I would bring it up. I am a COD fanboy,but Iam always hoping for the next big FPS no matter who makes it. I was a Halo fan at first. Then one day I decided to buy MW2 after hearing all the hype. Now I hate Halo multiplayer and love COD. It is just a darn shame I waited 6 months to buy MW2. I did not realize the games run in cycles at the time and MW2 is my all time favorite.

Level 18

Battlefield has always had decent campaigns but their multiplayer on consoles has been disappointing. Their MP concept has been great but sadly the graphics have felt like a big step back compared to cod. If next gen can produce a clean and smooth online experience then it will be worth playing online but until then I'm buying it strictly for the campaign. So far the betas for bf3 and medal of honor have been an exact representation of the games, ugly.

Level 27

in reply to Restore_Hardcore

"Battlefield has always had decent campaigns but their multiplayer on consoles has been disappointing"

This is a joke, right?

Level 1

in reply to xJohnnyRingo

lol I know right, but I've heard some people say the Bad Company campaigns were better, just Battlefield 3's was surprisingly underwhelming. The Multiplayer's great though, even though the PC version has better graphics, FPS, and more players, which is huge to a lot of players, because some of the bigger maps on console are spent running/driving/flying around for a while until you find someone, kill/die and then repeat lol

But even on console, the graphics were better than Call of Duty in my opinion... But that's kind of iffy, because Battlefield on console was severely downgraded from its PC counterpart, so textures would still be loading while you played, there'd be graphical glitches, and what I figure is most notable to Call of Duty players, it was only 30 FPS. I still think 60 FPS on console should be the goal next generation, but it seems like that won't happen lol

Level 18

in reply to Restore_Hardcore

Eh, wasn't a fan of the BF3 campaign, preferred the Bad Company campaigns due to it's better story and hilarious characters. I wished DICE would have instead developed BC3, not BF4.

Personally, I think there's alot to look forward to in BF4 on next gen consoles.

No doubt it'll be average on the current gen consoles however it'll be a different experience on next gen consoles if say BF4 does run at 60fps and we may be able to have 64 players this time compared to the 24 players restriction in BF3.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

oh actually BF4 is on the new net gen systems if I am correct.  Pretty sure that was confirmed

Level 6

in reply to doughxDude87

doughxDude87 wrote:

oh actually BF4 is on the new net gen systems if I am correct.  Pretty sure that was confirmed

I know that lol

However, it hasn't been confirmed on if there is going to be limitations on what next gen consoles can handle in comparison to PC. (i.e. fps, graphics and player limits). Those things will probably be confirmed during E3.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

Yeah the Bad Company series had some personality, whereas BF3 was just like any other generic fps.

The footage so far of Bf4 looks great, but it probably won't look anywhere near as good as that even on the next gen consoles.

CoD will still rule when it comes to mp though.

Level 61

Studios