Yo if you didn’t know what fresh start was will they give you your old rank back%3F

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Support

If you didn’t know what fresh start meant will they give you your rank back?

Harrybalzahnya
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
I made that mistake too... Seems "prestiging" (as much of a fresh start as it is), isn't what you're clicking on there. Technically I'm resetting myself.... So misleading.... Anyway.... I'm over it now, but to answer your question: No.

They should know better than to put that option there. I'm pretty sure it's a way for the devs to troll some members of the community.
PrO_xMoDz_Xavi
10 REPLIES 10
I made that mistake too... Seems "prestiging" (as much of a fresh start as it is), isn't what you're clicking on there. Technically I'm resetting myself.... So misleading.... Anyway.... I'm over it now, but to answer your question: No.

They should know better than to put that option there. I'm pretty sure it's a way for the devs to troll some members of the community.
PrO_xMoDz_Xavi

It's right next to the Prestige token. I lost ALL of my effort I put into this. I'm not that great of a player so it takes me much longer and this makes me question common sense.

Mike_Fury

I do agree it's not in the best of places but I struggle to see how anybody cannot distinguish between Fresh Start and Prestige unless it's a case of hard-core button mashing or severe dyslexia.

Do people not read things before they just hit a button and hope? Going by the number of fresh start posts on this forum it would appear not! And it's got to suck loosing progress but hey least you have a new calling card to show for your error.

Check out Activision Aces!

Part Of The Activision Ambassador Program But i do Not Work For Activision.
StompingHeadz

Lost content forever for reset. FML 

DrToe

in my case i almost reset mine because after i prestiged up it came back to prestige screen rather than return to lobby. i thought it did not take and i was stuck.i hit the reset button thinking i had lost everything anyway but at the last second decided not to and backed out of prestige page by pure luck thats what your suppose to do.this is and easy fix they just wont do.advance you to the lobby to avoid reseting. im sure many are because of this situation.but hey who can blame them theyve got skins to sell no time for the trivial....

guydodge

I completley agree its coming up to the Xmas period where money from gamers and gamers parents alike will be changing hands like it's going out of fashion and as with all company's including Activision it's about pleasing the share holders and hitting sales figures on there product.

Personally I think they should move the fresh start button away from prestige as I doubt it would be a hard thing to do lets hope they do but who knows and as ya said quite rightfully it's all about selling them skins at the end of the day.

Check out Activision Aces!

Part Of The Activision Ambassador Program But i do Not Work For Activision.
StompingHeadz
Yeah man I get you, it is in a bad spot but people need to slow down and think for once I dont know how people get it mixed up. Usually fresh start means that everything gets reset. 2 totally different options that clearly state what they do. I've lost hope in humanity lol.
Heroshima_619

Honestly I am going to make this plain and simple, sometimes you have to rip off the bandage and say you’re both just idiots. If something says “fresh start” I think its going to make you’re stats and progress have a fresh start like the name implies, also if you press fresh start a message pops up asking what it does and are you sure you want to do it. we learn to read for a reason.

@PrO_xMoDz_Xavi wrote:

Darth_Verduim
Highlighted

First of all, why would they add an option to "Fresh Start" without completing each prestige first? For a "skin"?
Secondly, both of these options are on the same 'Barracks' page, which can be misleading.
Lastly, this occurred to me while I was waiting in an in-game lobby. I tried to prestige before the start of the next match. I saw "Fresh Start" at the bottom of the Barracks page. Clicked on it (the same 2 pop-ups as the 'Prestige' option asked if I'd like to continue with a reset; and coming from previous COD games I was expecting it to say the same crap as before). Booted me back to the main menu and voila, back to rank 1.
Activision really screwed up on their part with the positioning of this option and unless they fix and place the "Fresh Start" option in a different menu I won't be surprised when more and more people contact Activision's Support team asking for their accounts back.

iwantmyaccountback23

Studios