Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum


@Goingdeep747 wrote:


I've got all the guns, most of them on the day of release. And I can't prove it, but that seems to be a factor in acquiring them. 

 

 .......

Heck I got the Dragoon the next spin after the M14. 

 


This right here seems to punch a whole in your argument that people that spend time grinding should be rewarded if your getting these on day one. I use to save up my keys too and all I would get is duplicate after duplicate of shotguns and sniper rifles, neither of which I used much of in BO3. As far as day 1 theory, that was never my experience on any of the COD's and played the crap out of the last three titles at launch. I was that guy that would get hate mail for having such a high prestige in the first couple of weeks. 

Basically all this proves is it is purely random creating a potentially unbalanced game for anyone. The only people I think that would like this system are players that want an unfair advantage. I am kind of secretly hoping that 3arch does go full on greed mode and make the game changing weapons only availalbe to purchase contracts with really world money vs in game currency. Since I am not getting it this year, I would love to see a major backlash of hate at these cheap POS. More people that defend this behaviour, will just empower them to do it more often. Some youtubers are already starting to try and hype the new BO3 system that is sure to be seen in BO4.

MurkBeserk Level 75
Likes: 1673
Posts: 3893
Registered: ‎12-10-2016

@MurkBeserk wrote:

@Goingdeep747 wrote:


I've got all the guns, most of them on the day of release. And I can't prove it, but that seems to be a factor in acquiring them. 

 

 .......

Heck I got the Dragoon the next spin after the M14. 

 


This right here seems to punch a whole in your argument that people that spend time grinding should be rewarded if your getting these on day one. I use to save up my keys too and all I would get is duplicate after duplicate of shotguns and sniper rifles, neither of which I used much of in BO3. As far as day 1 theory, that was never my experience on any of the COD's and played the crap out of the last three titles at launch. I was that guy that would get hate mail for having such a high prestige in the first couple of weeks. 

Basically all this proves is it is purely random creating a potentially unbalanced game for anyone. The only people I think that would like this system are players that want an unfair advantage. I am kind of secretly hoping that 3arch does go full on greed mode and make the game changing weapons only availalbe to purchase contracts with really world money vs in game currency. Since I am not getting it this year, I would love to see a major backlash of hate at these cheap POS. More people that defend this behaviour, will just empower them to do it more often. Some youtubers are already starting to try and hype the new BO3 system that is sure to be seen in BO4.


I found this strategy on BO3, didnt play the other devs games long enough to see a pattern in the drops.

 

You have to understand I'm grinding BETWEEN gun releases. Like right now I have over 5000 keys just sitting in the bank waiting for another weapon to hit the black market. Most people get their 10/30 keys and are too fast to run to the market. And I'll be honest, I did the same thing early after release but noticed the "opening day" strategy about mid year.

 

Hind sight is always 20/20, and I wish I had made a YouTube video(s) of my findings and how it seems to work better on that first 24 hours when a new gun is introduced. If/when they add another gun, I'll make a video, as this "opening day" theory has never let me down once I started using that approach. 

 

Disclaimer******* I have no idea if the paid COD points would work the same. 

Goingdeep747
Likes: 790
Posts: 1346
Registered: ‎06-11-2015

When I got my keys for them messing up I spent more than 10k keys. I got not a single ranged weapon. I got a couple melee weapons, but no ranged. And I saved them until they released a weapon I really wanted. If I remember correctly I spent almost 15k keys in one day trying to get one weapon. And got nothing but dupes and melee... that's when I stopped playing for a couple months.

gotsomestars Level 75
Likes: 11280
Posts: 15179
Registered: ‎21-03-2013

I'm right there with you on waiting to see the backlash, pretty sad when you're only anticipating a games release not for the game itself, but to see how bad the backlash and hate for it will be but they had this coming. (And this is hoping that MW2R has multiplayer added because that would be the only cod I would get this time around)

 

Of course YouTubers are hyping it Activision does cater to this crowd and they are paid undisclosed amounts via views and promoting their title not to mention they get early access to everything and it's free.

 

I don't need to put my two cents in because I have multiple times on multiple threads on my hatred towards this upcoming game and Gayarch as a developer but in regards to supply drops mark my words the supply drop system for this game will be absolutely retarded in the sense of all the filler items you'll get.

Rivet_Skull
Likes: 341
Posts: 771
Registered: ‎13-11-2016

@gotsomestars wrote:

So I've been playing bo3, so I'll be better at b03.5...  

And in the black market it says blackjack got a shipment of m14s. Available in rare supply drop for a limited time. So I'm thinking cool it's basically like a 100% chance your first rare supply drop will have an m14... nope.. I've got at least 15 to 20 rares... still nothing... They're just theives.

Edit.

Also the last 3 times I've gotten wraith raps... magically I "lost connection to host".


Not playing any COD's now, new or old, pretty sure I am completely done with the franchise until they change their business model to be more about the game vs about the items you get in the game. This also includes creating and environment where community is no longer split up because of nickel and diming players for map packs. I would consider paying more upfront for the game with all DLC content included for everyone and no locked / lottery system to obtain potential game changing weapons or equipment. I am also even more turned off with the new BO3 micro-transaction where you have to pay real money to have the option to earn something through a challenge system. Full on greedy b*tches at 3arch. I would fully expect them to drop game changing items in BO4 with this method making COD a 100% pay to win system. Done with this joke of a game.

MurkBeserk Level 75
Likes: 1673
Posts: 3893
Registered: ‎12-10-2016

Paying for ingame skins and certain content would work if the game were free or maybe even 30$. The reason fortnite gets away with the insane skin pricing is because everything else is free except the season pass on which you don't need to buy plus you get your money back with in v bucks to use towards stuff in game with the season pass.

 

COD is trying to be every game but call of duty, and buying camo's doesn't work when you already paid 100$ for the game and map packs.  If BO4 makes camo's, guns, and whatever a pay to play thing then it's over for the game. I'm not looking for the franchise to fail but by the money grabbing schemes I don't hate you for wanting them to fail. Karma coming back to them is how I see it. I want good fun games to play but buying into a game you don't like and you got screwed buying the game with the dlc I'd be pissed. Might be another year I don't play cod though. I bought ww2 and had to return it after it was just riddled with technical problems and boring with only a few maps to play. Let's see how this plays out.

Beno#4929430
Likes: 71
Posts: 132
Registered: ‎18-11-2017

@Beno#4929430 wrote:

I'm not looking for the franchise to fail but by the money grabbing schemes I don't hate you for wanting them to fail.


f*ck them, I want them to fail in an epic fashion. I am not buying this game any longer so their failure will be my entertainment and if they don’t, has no real effect since I am done either way, plenty of fun, honest, forth coming devs and other games available. I will just find it funny as hell if they bury themselves with thier own greed this year. For the last 3 titles there has been enough undisclosed BS, enough is enough, not buying into thier garbage any longer. F*ck both trasharc and actipussies, done with both these b*tches!

MurkBeserk Level 75
Likes: 1673
Posts: 3893
Registered: ‎12-10-2016
Highlighted
There will be a lot of fan boys who still buy it because it's Trasharc.
I bet if Infinity ward or Sledgehammer made a near perfect cod then a lot of Treyarch fan boys would still say it's Trash.
I would love Infinity ward to make a solid game next year and also stop all this pay to win bull *****. I think if BO4 fails then it could happen, here's to one hoping anyway.
Dante2k Level 75
Likes: 1310
Posts: 2969
Registered: ‎30-11-2016

Funny that you say that...

 

https://www.dexerto.com/call-of-duty/developer-at-infinity-ward-says-2019-call-of-duty-will-be-extra...

 

It's like they already know that Black Ops 4 is going to massively fail so they're setting up next year to be a great one

Rivet_Skull
Likes: 341
Posts: 771
Registered: ‎13-11-2016

No, all the devs every year feel their game is going to be extraordinary.... even Treyarch with BO4. And to some players... it is. Smiley Happy

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75
Likes: 7635
Posts: 7687
Registered: ‎08-10-2013

Studios