Treyarch, suggestions for Blackout

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

1. Make Blackout free so we are on par with every other decent Battle Royale. 

I think this has a huge issue why you guys remove hardcore from being a permanent game mode is because you don’t want to split the player base, which is understandable. If Blackout were free, we would see a huge jump in the numbers and wouldn’t need to worry about splitting the player base up. 

2. Hardcore Blackout 

if if you don’t want to make a permanent Hardcore Blackout mode that’s fine, just make a happy medium of the original soft core mode by doing the following. 

• Remove the the blue circle and implement the flare system. 
  • Roll back the previous armor patch. 
  • Remove armor plates. 
  • Make level 3 armor only drop in supply chest. 

Thanks

Circa_702
10 REPLIES 10

The current business model will not support free blackout right now. You can't compare the f2p games on the market right now to blackout, fairly, because the games are set up to make money differently. Sure, we all like free things, but you have to look at the bigger, realistic picture. Free to play games make money one way, while CoD makes it another way ( it was hard not to say "free to play makes money one way, Cod makes it three or four ways.")

mygamertagsucks Level 75

Thanks for the response to the first question. What’s your take on the second? 

Circa_702

I'll be honest with you, friend; I don't play Blackout. That being said, I love the idea, and based on community feedback (much of which was artificial, and created by the same person under multiple accounts) I would love to see it return as well.

From what I gather, the hardcore mode wasnt like hardcore MP, where it was one shot deaths, etc. Am I correct? I am all for game modes with less armor, less protection, and more straight up gun play, but that is why I play MP (and suck at it as well). 

If I made a BR game, it would be horrible. Here is why; assuming I knew how to even code a game, I would have players drop in already equipped with their own special load out. They can pick the gun and maybe one piece of "stuff" (like a grenade, a sensor dart, but no cheese). Once on the ground, the game would play like MP, except there would be guns placed, very liberally, around the map for players to pick up and use, sort of like scavenger. From there on out, it would just be a bunch of gun battles. There would be some places to take cover in, but it would be in the dead center of the map, to avoid having players just hide and hope for a win that way. 

As far as a circle- I wouldn't have one. I'd use a timer, like we had in Ghosts in the mode Blitz, where it counts down and kills you if you don't move, but the counter would only start if you stayed stationary for more than 60 seconds or so. If the timer hits zero, you die. I only mention this feature because one of my main reasons for disliking BR is the amount of time a match takes. I'd play BR if games were under 10 minutes, and I didn't have to scavenge everything. But, that wouldnt be true BR now, would it?

I hope I answered your question, but feel I didn't. I can't remember what your other ideas were, and I can't see them now that I'm responding to your second statement. I do like how you presented your argument for a mode. You didn't throw a hissy fit like some do, and you stayed on topic. That's more than I can say about myself sometimes. 😂

mygamertagsucks Level 75
I'd love a separate mode for 3rd person fans. Let's face it there are 3rd person COD fans.
This game seems to be trying to please everyone, a separate Blackout for the 3rd person fans would go a long way to that. Even if they lowered it to like 50 instead of the normal 100 player thing Royales go by.
VorxDargo
I'm against any kind of health aid in any game mode.. esp HC..
BettySwollax

@BettySwollax wrote:
I'm against any kind of health aid in any game mode.. esp HC..

But there already is health stuff in the game, in multiplayer you have stem needles that restore health.

VorxDargo
I know, I'm against them along with any sort of armour..
BettySwollax
Highlighted

1. Won't haopeh as Activision is creedy.

2. If they make a hardcore mode it should be hardcore. Not medium core.

No armour,  health restore  like 25% max and limited amount you can do it. Let's say 4.

Health 50. One third of regular health.

No minimap.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75
  1. Make body armor equal. 
  2. Dont allow sensor darts to activate on moving vehicles.
  3. When is it gonna rain, snow or get a bit dark. Cant wait for that.
banghard717

Studios