TREYARCH Has Responded to the DLC outcry

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

No no no you have the CHANCE to get more stuff later only if the supply drop you open has it

Rivet_Skull

@dtuchpunk wrote:

A lot of words to tell that we get stuff later in the life of bo4.

So calling cards, camo' s, weapons, extra weapon prestige, emblems.

You know the drill

Most likely in the form of fixing stuff that should have been done before launch.

Or.....

Like duplicate emblems that claim they are different but only cause they added a golden border, emotes duplicated, tripled or quadrupled that are exactly the same but they named them something different, duplicate weapons with a tiny bit of XP and camo. Well at least that last one adds a minute amount of benefit but typically useless to me since by the time they drop that BS, I already maxed out prestige.

What is the funniest part of their commentary, when they referenced what they have been doing for BO3 even after the yearly life cycle. Correct me if I am wrong but hasn't their main or possibly only contribution to BO3 was adding stat changing weapons behind the lottery system that most won't ever get anyway. FREE content means you don't have to pay for in game currency just to slightly improve the chance of getting something you are claiming is free but really is only designed to encourage players to pay for the chance of getting stat changing weapons that others might have. Treyarch are truly greedy little turds and they are hyping something they never really actually did, just something that benefited the studio by bringing more money in from clueless fools. They funded their additional content by screwing over their most loyal fans, the ones that stuck around (I wasn't one of them) and those fan boys are so blinded they think Treyarch was doing something good for them. 

So the way I take this, in Treyarchs shady and cryptic way, they are confirming that weapons will be locked behind some kind of paid wall system and they are trying to hype this as if it is free DLC content but won't tell us this until we can no longer return their game and get a refund. Treyarch is truly the bottom of the bottom feeders of all the devs so far. 

MurkBeserk Level 75

New weapons only in bribes.

Which will cost cod points. Or a contract that are expensive especially for gamers that can't play each day.

In ww2. Less change of duplicates but each time more and more and more fillers.

Charmes At least one duplicate. Tiki and one after it. Just different colour.

And not much inspiration for them.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

@MurkBeserk wrote:

@dtuchpunk wrote:

A lot of words to tell that we get stuff later in the life of bo4.

So calling cards, camo' s, weapons, extra weapon prestige, emblems.

You know the drill

Most likely in the form of fixing stuff that should have been done before launch.

Or.....

Like duplicate emblems that claim they are different but only cause they added a golden border, emotes duplicated, tripled or quadrupled that are exactly the same but they named them something different, duplicate weapons with a tiny bit of XP and camo. Well at least that last one adds a minute amount of benefit but typically useless to me since by the time they drop that BS, I already maxed out prestige.

What is the funniest part of their commentary, when they referenced what they have been doing for BO3 even after the yearly life cycle. Correct me if I am wrong but hasn't their main or possibly only contribution to BO3 was adding stat changing weapons behind the lottery system that most won't ever get anyway. FREE content means you don't have to pay for in game currency just to slightly improve the chance of getting something you are claiming is free but really is only designed to encourage players to pay for the chance of getting stat changing weapons that others might have. Treyarch are truly greedy little turds and they are hyping something they never really actually did, just something that benefited the studio by bringing more money in from clueless fools. They funded their additional content by screwing over their most loyal fans, the ones that stuck around (I wasn't one of them) and those fan boys are so blinded they think Treyarch was doing something good for them. 

So the way I take this, in Treyarchs shady and cryptic way, they are confirming that weapons will be locked behind some kind of paid wall system and they are trying to hype this as if it is free DLC content but won't tell us this until we can no longer return their game and get a refund. Treyarch is truly the bottom of the bottom feeders of all the devs so far. 

What jumps out at me is how they ARE still supporting a game after almost three years INSTEAD of focusing on their "new" release.

They are basically extedning the life of BO3 with BO4.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

@RAN Kismet wrote: 

They are basically extedning the life of BO3 with BO4.

Yes, that is exactly the way it feels to me, it's like it is one game. Like an extended map pack with some tweaked settings.

I didn't play BO3 after the end of the year since I was playing IW so, I am curious, did they actually add any DLC content outside of items behind a paywall/lottery system. Was there actual original content you can use that wasn't pulled from a lucky draw on a supply drop? I am just curious cause if the claim is they have been supporting it and the bulk load of the so called new content was just getting stuff out of a supply drop, than it is obvious that the only reason they did this was to bank off the supply drop system. It wasn't to support the community, it was to squeeze them for more money. 

MurkBeserk Level 75

They added a little bit. More than any other cod has done. But, most of it was locked. Bo3 was a good game, but as far as content goes it had the worst model. 

gotsomestars Level 75

Got nothing to do with Treyarch. Got everything to do with Activision. Smiley Happy just an insight in case you don’t know how developing a game works. They must abide by the publisher’s standards. 

NxtP

@NxtP wrote:

Got nothing to do with Treyarch. Got everything to do with Activision. Smiley Happy just an insight in case you don’t know how developing a game works. They must abide by the publisher’s standards. 

I care very little in regards to whether it is Treyarch or Activision as far as who is making the real decision. Whoever the Devs are at the time are the ones that are going to get the heat. Since the last three titles all had micro-transactions / supply drop, they all worked differently, Treyarch's version of it was the worst in every respect, and the blame will continue to be placed on the DEVS as well as Activision. If the DEVS don't like it, they can go cry to Activision that they are being picked on by their fans for Activisions decisions, let them fight it out. 

Besides, we don't know what level of input, the DEVS has on it even if it is Activision is pushing it and since they all have been different, it reasonable to say, quite a bit.

MurkBeserk Level 75

Black ops ( all 3 ) are in the top selling 5 COD of all time. And also stay in the top of active MP population. It's not because of these "stat breaking guns" or the "pay Wall" we all hear about, it's because the MP game(s) themselves run well and are fun. 

I might not like the SD's, but Treyarch has figured out how to keep their games alive for years. No dev has been able to enjoy the longevity of their product like BO2-3. ( BO2 would still be hugely popular if it wasn't for the massive hacking of the older gens ) 

But in BO3, they learned the trick. KEEP ADDING CONTENT, but don't give it away. Like it or not, when they add new guns, change map designs ( snow, night, Christmas ), game modes..........that pulls their base back on the game where they might otherwise be getting bored with the same old same old. 

They offer challenges to gain those new guns. ( that's how I got all mine ) Triple plays, no dupes. BUT YOU HAVE TO PUT IN THE TIME............just like anything else in life. And yes, you're still not guaranteed success...............just like anything else in life. 

I think a lot of the time people look at COD in a 12 month span. They feel in 12 months they should be prestige master, unlocked all the content. But Treyarch has changed that mentality by producing great games, along with releasing some free / some earnable changes and content over a 3 year span with BO3. 

If they DID include all the "extras" in purchased DLC, the game would stay in that 12 month cycle. The more casual COD players would move on. 

The thing about the "stat changing guns" we hear so much about? They are not really stat changing. The mystery is when you don't have them, you don't know "really" how they perform. So your EAGER to get one out of the box. Most of the time I'm excited for the first day or so with the SD weapons, but they get old because they really don't perform as well as a few of the standard weapons. 

In your mind you're thinking "that guy is only stomping me because he has the new __________", but in reality he's stomping you because he's better and he would do the same with most of the original guns. 

Goingdeep747

@Goingdeep747 wrote:

The thing about the "stat changing guns" we hear so much about? They are not really stat changing. The mystery is when you don't have them, you don't know "really" how they perform. So your EAGER to get one out of the box. Most of the time I'm excited for the first day or so with the SD weapons, but they get old because they really don't perform as well as a few of the standard weapons. 

In your mind you're thinking "that guy is only stomping me because he has the new __________", but in reality he's stomping you because he's better and he would do the same with most of the original guns. 

Apparently you never used the VPR in Infinite Warfare but at least in IW, you could get the base weapon, much better than Treyarch BS version. Out of the box, I just mowed people down with that until they nerfed it. It was quite ridiculous on how good that was so even though that wasn't Treyarch, the potential for a huge imbalance is there and as long as guns are locked behind a lottery or paywall the game is not balanced, across all players. It may not be a true Pay to Win model but it kind of is, if you can't earn the weapon in some fashion other than luck of the draw.

And of course how quickly we forgot about the patent that they had which drew a big question mark on whether or not they could or possibly were matchmaking based around supply drop weapons in order to encourage people to spend money based off of in game manipulation making players believe certain supply drop weapon were more powerful but it really was a result of providing matchmacking advantages to those that had supply drop weapons. So yes, there is a ton of reason to question Activision and Treyarch's integrity on their business model.

MurkBeserk Level 75

Studios