TREYARCH Has Responded to the DLC outcry

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

I just wanna put this out there before you all dig in to this post. FIRST I DON'T WORK FOR ACTIVISION NOR FOR TREYARCH PUTTING THIS HERE TO KEEP YOU UPDATED!!! This message was posted on Reddit by Treyarch's Community manager Rob.  you can also find the post here.

"Gang, The week of E3 is always exciting and crazy busy. Visitors to the show are playing the PC version of #BlackOps4 in the Activision booth, and it’s great to see the lines of eager folks wanting to get their hands-on time.

I want to make it clear that we are very much listening to your thoughts, comments, and ideas. We know the r/ community is passionate and vocal, and it’s a place where we sincerely want to have a two-way conversation.

We are absolutely committed to supporting the entire community with a slew of free, post-release content that will extend the Black Ops 4 experience with more new ways to play than we’ve ever done before. With Black Ops 3, we’re three years after release, and we continue to support it with new content and continuous updates – and we’re not even done yet.

Our commitment to the game has maintained engagement…and Black Ops 4 has far more post-release updates planned for the entire community. In fact, it’s a game that was built for expansion. Launch day is just the beginning of a long journey.

Our commitment to a great Black Ops experience remains as firm and full as it has always been. On PC, alongside @BeenoxTeam there are many people pouring their incredible talents into each of the game’s offerings.

This dialog is just beginning, stick around and be a part of the conversation, whatever your particular thoughts. ‪October 12‬‬‬‬‬ is just the start of the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 journey."

ThotKiller666#5296545
29 REPLIES 29

And again, they manage to talk but not actually really say anything. Typical COD style!

MurkBeserk Level 75

And on Reddit rather than their own company owned forums no less lol

Rivet_Skull

@Rivet_Skull wrote:

If this forum was relavant I would have been blocked and removed a long time ago, LOL!

MurkBeserk Level 75

You can get blocked for putting Stonewall in his place?! Never knew...

Rivet_Skull

@Rivet_Skull wrote:

Why is this so surprising? Reddit is in the top 10 most visited sites of 2018, it makes sense for them to go where the majority of the popuation is. While I agree it would be nice for them to pop in here, it's a bit unrealistic to expect them to quit focusing on reddit like I've seen so many hope for. 

Cinnamon_Spider

I'm okay with the new Black Ops Pass. It gives you a heap of new and fresh content for a long time span in the next year. Yes, we don't know anything about it, but I'm still optimistic as to what will be shown.

Luckygems123456
Highlighted

@Luckygems123456 wrote:

I'm okay with the new Black Ops Pass. It gives you a heap of new and fresh content for a long time span in the next year. Yes, we don't know anything about it, but I'm still optimistic as to what will be shown.

I guess that depends on what you consider to be "new" and "fresh". My understanding is the supposed "new" and "fresh" content after the main life cycles of BO3 recieved were weapons locked behind a lottery / pay wall. So by that standard, it's not free and you many never actually get to use the stuff. I see no indication that it will be any different so I suppose, to each their own if you want to trust treyarch to do anything different. 

MurkBeserk Level 75

Thanks for posting, but I don't see how 3arch has responded to the DLC outcry as it's not clear what post-release content he's referring to. If it's more free MP and Zombies maps then great! I applaud them. 

The one sentence that caught my attention was "...it's a game that was built for expansion. Launch day is just the beginning of a long journey." That's promising, especially if it's a good game. 

I'm really routing for 3arch. If their game is truly fun and they continue to add new MP maps and other content into year 2, I can skip Inferior Flunkies next failure and not feel like I'm missing a year of COD.

Mohumpus

A lot of words to tell that we get stuff later in the life of bo4.

So calling cards, camo' s, weapons, extra weapon prestige, emblems.

You know the drill

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

Studios