Quality of life change in blackout thats needed

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

This might seem like a minor thing but to me its really important and it would also help every xbox one controller player out there. Currently to open your inventory its up on the dpad. To close inventory its down on the dpad. I really need the option to have up on dpad both open and close the inventory

I play on a ps4 controller that is set up like an xbox controller with the left thumbstick in the top left of the gamepad. I also play with paddles but my goal is to not have to take my thumbs off the sticks for obvious reasons. Currently i have no choice because open and close inventory are on two separate buttons and im out of paddles to map one of them to so its very annoying that i have to still use the dpad for one or the other no matter what

Putting them on separate buttons makes no sense at all and is really just an unnecessary annoyance to the user. If up on the dpad did something while the inventory was open i would say keep it as is but that is clearly not the case. Every xbox player will benefit from this because up dpad is closer to the left thumbstick than down dpad so you wont have to reach as far to close inventory

And everyone who plays with paddles regardless of platform would benefit from this if they are having the same issue that i am having

lskwjn
1 REPLY 1
Oh yea i forgot to mention. I think up on the dpad does do something when your inventory is open if you have it set to the default “use” setting

I have mine set to “cycle” so for me up on dpad does nothing when my inventory is open because i use L1 and R1 to choose my heals and equipment. Therefore for people who use this setting there should be an option to open and close the inventory menu with up dpad

lskwjn

Studios