People teaming up in Solo Blackout

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

I've had the chance to try Blackout now that the beta is out on PC and I must admit I am actually impressed how smooth the game feels and runs even when still in development.

The only negative thing I must come forward with is that people seem to queue in Solo as two individual teammates — by having a voice chat to communicate in and team up against other players by gaining a huge advantage as going two versus one in basically every default/simple combat scenario.

I do realise that this is impossible to predetermine before the actual game begins and therefore has no actual counter from the developers side but I do believe that we should be given the option to report players based on said experience.

1. Player A decides to team up with a friend called Player B

2. Both queue up in Solo and hope to get in the same match

3. Killed players report either Player A or Player B

4. After multiple reports the game detects that Player A and Player B get consistently reported for teaming up in Solo

5. Both players get a cooldown or banned for exploiting

However, given the chance that teaming up in Solo would actually not be an offense and I've spent all this time writing here for no other reason than to relieve some stress then I apologize and hope they change the guidelines to better favor the Solo environment.

Heartmelt
30 REPLIES 30

Yea i wonder if there is any interaction between ps chat and the actual game... if so, maybe they could prevent people who are in the same ps chat party from joining solos.

I had the same experience happen twice to me, it sucks but i don't think it'll be a long term trend. ( i hope)

JOUSTY#9646306
Spoiler
I don't think this is an offense of game exploitation. If a player chooses not to kill an enemy to further his chances of winning a match. That is a strategical move of survival hence the term "the enemy of my enemy is my friend..." In the end there can only be one left. so at some point the Alliance will have to end and so the friends will be enemies again. You could call it Battlefield politics. In my opinion it is no more shameful than camping in the corner or hiding out with no kills. to make an attempt to get to the Winner's Circle and not playing by chance or skill. Would that also not be exploiting the game hiding and waiting for one kill to win the game while everyone elts fights to the end town to town house by house. Earning every step. This just but one strategy many have tried and in the end it will most likely fail.
HOLYchipmunk256

It's also happened to me 2 times. Very annoying!! 

purifier6330
Truthfully it's not entirely uncommon in BR games, it's just a matter of actually getting into the same lobby.

Now during the beta (which was the last time I bothered to play blackout as the MP is actually solid enough for me to put time into again)
There was one occasion in Duos where I happened to die and the game had me spectating the enemy who killed me (I thought it was my buddy at first and then realized it wasn't) So obviously I was relaying information to him because why wouldn't I take advantage of this system.

Now in solo's I imagine if you happen to get qued into the same lobby your party chat isn't blocked. It used to be I believe in S&D back in the day so people switched to 3rd party comms to get around it. The only "counter" to the system in general was the game not letting you spectate enemies once you had died but that's not really possible in Solo because you can't really determine 2 players are actually friends and queing together to abuse that.
EoTR- (PS4 Message me here if you want to party up)
TheGLORY

There is a report button after the game go inspect the player in question and down the bottom there is a report link

Masoboiii

What is that going to do? it not like going to work because anyone can be stupid report other players  that are not cheating. 

Plus people are cheating for the win or  the challenges to unlock characters 

chrishmmm
If you don't report, I can guarantee nothing will be done.

Your logic here is baffling.
"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Why are you commenting if you can't help that problem. 

I know they are not going to fix the problem 

chrishmmm
So I shouldn't report crimes to the Police because they probably won't catch the culprits.

You want it fixed? Part of that is reporting these players. Will all of those players get banned or caught? Probably not. But None of it would be addressed without reporting.

Not sure why this is difficult to understand.

What is it you suggest people do if not report when they see this? How else are the Devs, who are outnumbered a few million to few dozen, supposed to react to this?
"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Studios