Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

So I've been on vacation since March 29th, and today is my first time playing the new Alcatraz map. I'm not really digging it, to be honest. The map is incredibly tiny, and the fact you can spawn in almost immediately after you get killed it's pretty stupid. You loot one item and you're in a gunfight with 10 different people at all times. Every time I've died so far, I was extremely low, if not completely out, of meds because I didn't even have time to loot any, and in the 4 or so games I've played so far, I've gotten 3rd place 3 of those times, so it's not like I died with no meds right off the bat. 

Idk, it's a shame they spent time making this map when they could have been making a bigger map that didn't suck so much. A map twice this size would have been fine, assuming the same 40 player max, and there shouldn't be respawns. It's a Battle Royale mode, not multiplayer. 🙄

What are your thoughts on it? 

JohnnySasaki22
9 REPLIES 9

I agree that time spent on this games mode and map would have been better spent elsewhere.

If you have a half decent team who can lock down an area and get lucky with the map decreases you can pick up some easy wins.

but generally speaking it’s $hi!te.

kianok

Yeah I was playing with random group of guys I met today, and we were landing the big middle prison roof every game. Seems to work out okay, but we were getting bullsh!tted for 2nd place so many games, lol. Got 19 kills for the W the one game, but then got 18 for 2nd place a few games later. Feels so hectic and/or random when it comes to winning gunfights. You always seem to have 10 people shooting at you, and it's so hard to find armor late in the game. 

I still stand by the fact you shouldn't be able to respawn. It's a BR game mode, not multiplayer. 🙄🤷‍♂️

JohnnySasaki22

If I ever play a match in blackout, I pick you as my teammate, kind of like the backyard basketball games, everybody picking their players.

I'm serious by the way. 

mygamertagsucks Level 75
Highlighted

I completely agree with you there. I also can’t be more annoyed with the fact that they always make these new modes quads only. They need to make it so for those of us who don’t like other people haha. 

gamerz_3lite

Yeah dude, people definitely suck, lol. 

JohnnySasaki22

Alcatraz, while it is a great map for blackout, must be approached differently than the regular blackout map. First, your teammates should know the difference between useful and pointless call outs. When you are in the middle of a building surrounded by enemies, there isnt time to exchange ammo or med kits. Audio is very important in this mode and every complaint or useless suggestion is a distraction that gives your opponent the edge. In regular blackout, it is rare to encounter enemies, but in Alcatraz you have to clear an area before you even think about looting.  

Bender_82

Yeah, you aren't kidding about the complaints. Played with a random guy and what I imagine was his girlfriend one round, and the guy kept landing prison roof by himself and kept dying immediately, b!tching to high hell the entire time. Then he started b!tching about how it was his teammates fault for us not being right by his side to save him. Then his girl sided with us and started telling him how corny he was, which was hilarious but didn't help things much as far as decreasing our level of sound pollution. 

Bottom line is, you aren't winning many gunfights when you have 3 or 4 people trading insults the entire time. I was really wishing they had a mute button that game. 🤷‍♂️

JohnnySasaki22

Lol, no lie, this is probably the worst game mode ever conceived by man. 😂

JohnnySasaki22
i played a few matches, it feels like a team deathmatch

its fun to play with randoms and not take it too seriously but doesn't have a battle royal feel to it
Abuuru

Studios